Looking for Recommendations for Finance Tracking App

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking around trying to find a decent app for my phone that will allow me to track expenses and charges. It seems that each one I look at has a glaring flaw that makes it not work for my situation. Here is what I need.

- The ability to Manually Create a Bank Account (The Reason I don't want to use Mint)
- Ability to Add Recurring Future Expenses and Credits (Monthly Bills and Incoming Pay)
- Ability to Sync between multiple devices such as Phone and PC (or Web site)

It seems like the most common feature that is missing from most is the ability to enter an account manually. Most of the ones are like Mint.com and want you to give them your bank account login and password which I am not comfortable doing.

Back when I was on iOS I was using iBank which had both a desktop app and phone app and they would sync. Cannot seem to find anything like this on Android.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I asked the same question a little while ago, and ended up settling on a trial version of YNAB (You Need A Budget). Although it's configured for someone using the Envelope method for account budgeting, I've been using it as a checkbook registry for my wife and I to keep up with our accounts on our separate devices. She has an iPhone, me an HTC One, and I've got its desktop version installed on my Mac (although I think there's a PC version too). There's a 30+ day trial before having to buy it to unlock it ($60 I think); but that should be a good amount of time to decide if it will fit the bill.

I ended up getting turned on to this app after finding out that MoneyWiz doesn't have an Android app yet. (I used it on iPhone and Mac before switching platforms.) Anyways, hope that helps.

Cheers!

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You should try Pocket Money. They have apps for Android, IOS, and a desktop OS (mac or pc) and they do have the ability to sync with each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Pocket Money for now. It has a manual sync. Money Wiz is almost ready with its Android app and then I'll be using that. It has an automatic sync function. You'll be able to keep your checkbook on all of your devices in sync and up-to-date at all times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non