Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

• Total voters

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
With my Fascinate, the guy said he "never installs anything", he just activates the phone bc he doesn't want to be held responsible for any problems. But all of my droids and my D2 all got Task Killers, whether I wanted them or not. So annoying.

xebix

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I've bought a G1, MyTouch 3g, and a Vibrant from T-Mobile and at no point did they even mention a task killer. Also, my girlfriend has a Cliq and they did not mention it then either.

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Did not receive any advice to install a task killer, however, since I was new to the OS, I installed one. Quickly found this site, saw the thread and just as quickly uninstalled the task killer. Now I'm as happy as a lark.

I do use a system monitor program, but don't run it all the time. Only load it up when I'm looking for problems.

If Google and the many smart folks on this board say don't use one, well I'm not a smart man, momma always said, stupid is as stupid does.

banksj17

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Evo 4G. Bought at Bestbuy on day one and was told that I needed a taskkiller. When I tried to argue that it was bad for the phone they told me I don't know what I am talking about.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Being the phone guy at work, everyone always comes to me to talk phone news. A friend came to me Saturday to tell me his mother wanted to get a smartphone and she decided on the samsung fascinate with Verizon. First thing the rep did after setting up the phone was installed advanced task killer. That friend deleted it off her phone after she showed him the phone and asked how to do a few things. Ridiculous for them to be installing task killers or even recommending them IMO.

mranderson41

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Purchased at a Sprint Store and the sales rep said that I would want to install a task killer. For what it's worth, one was installed on every floor model that I played with as well.

Malefickus

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Evo from a sprint store, they wanted to put one on but when I mentioned that I worked for sprint they let me take care of it myself. Needless to say, it's never been installed.

mmcnamara43

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Evo at Best Buy,They tried to install ATK but i said no thanks, then the rep said he would if it was his phone. i said its not your phone and even said that most Fourms do not think that they are good,and he said ....well they dont know what they're talking about.....hahahahahaha

mp0890

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i bought my phone online but i went in to report a bug and they told me i need to install a task killer to fix it (not true)... Verizon

CureMS#AC

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
TMO Vibrant.

No, they did not. Coming from a BB, I thought it a good idea and installed myself until I started reading about on the forums and quickly uninstalled.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
1) Sprint
2) when I first got my Hero the rep told me to install ATK. I ordered my Evo online but I had to go to Sprint store cuz it wouldn't activate. Sure enough a rep told me to install ATK.

potheadhero

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The only phone I have ever purchased at a Store in person was the Evo and the rep did not mention anything whatsoever to me about a task manager. This was the only time I went into a store to buy an Android phone seeing as it was impossible to get an Evo online at the time. I tend to ignore what most reps say because a majority of the time they dont know what they are talking about.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me with both the Android phones I've gotten, one for my wife, one for my sister-in-law (since neither are techies):

Sprint corporate store (two different stores), both offered to install it.

I told them no thanks and they both look at me incredulously like "how can you not take my advice?".