Loyalty cards won't scan

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I've tried four different stores and tried using the barcode in the notification as well as from the app directly. None of them ever scan. Is it perhaps my screen? I'm on a Moto X Pure Edition.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the code seem to be in focus when you try to scan? Can you add the membership number manually?

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Does the code seem to be in focus when you try to scan? Can you add the membership number manually?

Perhaps I wasn't clear. All the loyalty cards are loaded up in Android Pay. I just can't use them at the checkout at any store. No combination of rotating the phone over the scanner or increasing the brightness on the phone makes a difference.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I see. Laura Knotek's suggestion is good. Also, is the screen brightness turned up? And make sure there isn't any glare off the screen from store lights--that might make it harder for the store's scanner to read the barcode.

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
No screen protector and I've tried it with high brightness. I'm really starting to think its this phones glossy glass screen. The laser just bounces off it.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That's strange. I have mine only at 75% brightness, and I've never had that problem. I just had my Walgreens card scanned last night.

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you having an employee use a gun to scan your phone? I keep trying to use the self check out and scanning my phone by pointing it down on the scanner like you would any other item you're buying.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you having an employee use a gun to scan your phone? I keep trying to use the self check out and scanning my phone by pointing it down on the scanner like you would any other item you're buying.
I haven't tried it at any self checkouts. The employees aim the gun at it.

I just used it about an hour ago at Giant Eagle grocery store, and it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty