Best Ad blocking web browser?

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I've been really jealous of iOS' web browser and now that it has "native" adblock support it has me wanting a solution for Android?

I really like Chrome, its quick looks good and renders all sites quickly.

Firefox doesn't render Google searches properly. Actually it has issues with more sites than I'd like it to. I later discovered its because the user agent is set to mobile rather than Android. I tried using user agents add on to fix it and it does a decent job but there's square and weird things that happen.

My fiancée and I were looking at the best princesses of all time, weird I know, but it let me discover and issue with Firefox other than aesthetics. Anyway E! Online had a list of best princesses that I couldn't scroll very well with Firefox. Opened it in chrome and it scrolled great.

So I hunted for others, but they seem too skinned in a sense. Some were slower, others wouldn't open apps like YouTube, but instead would play in browser.

Long story short, I lose I can't find a good solution.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Dolphin Browser? That has an AdBlock feature that can be used. It does note that rendering issues may occur. However, it may be worth a shot to see if it's an acceptable solution for you.

asherking

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
So I've been really jealous of iOS' web browser and now that it has "native" adblock support it has me wanting a solution for Android?

I really like Chrome, its quick looks good and renders all sites quickly.

Firefox doesn't render Google searches properly. Actually it has issues with more sites than I'd like it to. I later discovered its because the user agent is set to mobile rather than Android. I tried using user agents add on to fix it and it does a decent job but there's square and weird things that happen.

My fiancée and I were looking at the best princesses of all time, weird I know, but it let me discover and issue with Firefox other than aesthetics. Anyway E! Online had a list of best princesses that I couldn't scroll very well with Firefox. Opened it in chrome and it scrolled great.

So I hunted for others, but they seem too skinned in a sense. Some were slower, others wouldn't open apps like YouTube, but instead would play in browser.

Long story short, I lose I can't find a good solution.

Dolphin is good, with ad-block add-on

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Firefox has the capability of using extensions on its Android version. I use uBlock Origin on Firefox for Android, and it works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87