Unable to connect to Hotspot DNS error with intercept

cnixon52

Aug 14, 2021
Visit site
Before I a) take a hammer to my phone, b) Factory reset on Redmi Note 9 pro, which is less preferable than the hammer option if it brings back all the bloatware, could someone please help.

When I try to connect with a open public wifi hotspot which typically has a redirect to a login page I get the following: The web page at http://vodafone.broadband/no-internet-connection-intercept.lp?url+connect.rom.miui.com&47;generate_204 could not be loaded because: ne::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.

I understand others have problems with miui but I think that the "vodafone.broadband/no-internet-connection-intercept.lp" is interesting because it is my home broadband messing about when it cannot load the public wifi page. If I use "firefox focus", a private browser which saves nothing, it sometimes brings up the page in question and lets me log in.

Should I use a) and get a moto G50 or b)...and get a moto G50

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I had problems not completely the same but somewhat similar on an older Samsung Tablet. I could rarely successfully get to the local Wi-Fi server login page and had to always search out the router IP address and then manually direct the web browser to that IP address.

The thing about the url you notice being related to your local service provider I don't think is too odd. Apple and BlackBerry (back then) essentially also had their own urls mixed in with that when the phone was being directed to local Wi-Fi login pages. Your service provider was probably just able to overwrite the default one the phone marker had put in.

cnixon52

Aug 14, 2021
Visit site
Thanks. I like the router idea it is there plain to see in the wifi settings (because it is connected after all) so maybe I can ip directly in. The problem is I can only test it when I am away from home (public wifi) and that usually gets me branded an unsociable **** for 'playing' on my phone. Don't they know it is important research! I don't really know when it started. I did a wifi reset which lost me all my historical login details when I tried to log in to a new hotspot now nothing works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I get this kind of thing from time to time on public wi-fi, usually at my local Safeway supermarket. I usually chalk it up to some configuration problem with the router, which means there's nothing you can really do about it (unless you know the person who's in charge of that public network and can ask them to reboot the router).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance