Facebook = Fail!

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
So yesterday I was with a group of iPhone users (ATT) at the home opener of the Texas Rangers with my Motorola Atrix on ATT as well. All of us were checking-in, uploading pics and posting updates. Well everyone but me. The Facebook app for Android is full of bugs, all kinds of api errors. This is not the first time I've experienced issues with it. I know the Facebook for Android app has lagged behind the iPhone app in terms of features but I am surprised they haven't released a version with less bugs.

I am very disappointed as Facebook is the app I use most.

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been going through this for the longest I hat the bull**** updates they have been giving us. Its not like they don't know what we want here on android they have it all on IOS so why can't we have the same they have

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
You would think with them working on a Android based Facebook phone they would be able to develop a great app. But maybe their thinking is to get Android users to buy the Facebook phone instead.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook and MySpace app on Android... need solid update on both.
I was surprised to find out how way behind these apps are on Android. :(

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Its a shame to see Google just sit back and let this happing I know they can say something to Facebook about the app. All the updates we've gotten are a waste of time and gets your hopes up for nothing

EVO-lutionary

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You know Facebook has a full-featured and very stable mobile site and as of late I've just been using that. Sure it's web-based but it's a whole lot better than the often non-functioning FB app for android.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
It's just sad we have to be second class citizens since Facebook won't develop a proper app for us Android users.

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Another update came to the apple family to day now they are able to delete friends in the app we are not able to change the profile pic yet this is really sad.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Not being able to change your profile picture, not being able to Like pictures. You can only comment on them.
It's sad when the mobile site has more features and work better than the app itself.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just like everyone else, I think the app is garbage. When they added chat I thought to myself that they really finally listening to their users, but alas. Maybe one day they will care, but by the looks of things I doubt it.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
When I write on someone's wall through the facebook app on my phone (Droid X) and they reply, I never get notifications for it. Neither on the app or on the actual facebook website. When I write on someone's wall through the website, I always get notifications.

Does anyone else have this problem?

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When I write on someone's wall through the facebook app on my phone (Droid X) and they reply, I never get notifications for it. Neither on the app or on the actual facebook website. When I write on someone's wall through the website, I always get notifications.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem even on my iPhone. Overall notifications on Facebook these past few weeks have been really buggy. Be it mobile or desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87