I need a new call blocker app

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I've about had it with Mr. Number. For months now it's just about been useless for blocking new spam numbers. A spam number comes in and I swipe it to ignore, go into the Mr. Number app to look at recent calls and there aren't any. The only thing that shows up are texts. So I have to go back into my phone dialer, retrieve the number then manually punch it into the blocker app. But when I go back into the blocked list to find it, it's not there. So I don't know if it's still blocking it or not.

I've emailed their support but never got an answer back. So I'm looking for suggestions for an app that works like it's supposed to without me having to do part of it's job for it.

Any ideas?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, complain to your carrier.

Google's Project Fi does a great job of alerting me to probable spam incoming calls. If Google can do it, I see no reason why other carriers can't do it as well.

I have to add, by the way, that modern spammers are able to spoof phone numbers and rarely use the same number for more than a few hours. So, blockers that work by blocking specific numbers are not very helpful.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, complain to your carrier.

Google's Project Fi does a great job of alerting me to probable spam incoming calls. If Google can do it, I see no reason why other carriers can't do it as well.

I have to add, by the way, that modern spammers are able to spoof phone numbers and rarely use the same number for more than a few hours. So, blockers that work by blocking specific numbers are not very helpful.

Here lately the spammers have been mimicking my phone number. A call will come in displaying my area code and the first three digits of my phone number.

But I have got like 4 or 5 calls in a row from the same number. I should be able to block that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa