what do do if an app stops working?

wfriedwald

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Moto XT 1650

one app has stopped working, one day it worked, the next minute when I try to open, it closes automatically.

my impulse is to delete it and re-install, but I have no idea how to do that on Android.

can anyone give me some basic instruction on how to delete an app? or any other suggestions?

thanks muchly!

w

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Moto XT 1650

one app has stopped working, one day it worked, the next minute when I try to open, it closes automatically.

my impulse is to delete it and re-install, but I have no idea how to do that on Android.

can anyone give me some basic instruction on how to delete an app? or any other suggestions?

thanks muchly!

w
Go into Settings/Apps and go to the individual app in question. If it can be uninstalled, you will see the Uninstall button. Some apps can only be Disabled, and there will be an option for that as well. Additionally, you can go into Storage and clear the cache.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with kmf1, there's a couple of things you could try, as basic troubleshooting, before uninstalling.

- Go to settings - apps - select the app - force stop - storage - clear cache.

- If the same problem persists repeat those steps but this time 'Clear data' and 'Clear defaults'.

- If still no go it's time to uninstall after repeating the previous steps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo