Twitter Push Notifications?

TBrown3

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for a twitter app that supports push notifications for near-instant notifications of @s and DMs. I have noticed that tweetcaster is reported by some sites to have this feature, but I downloaded it and it didn't appear to have that feature...

Anyone know of an app that has this?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
None of them have push notifications. They will all pull, like at set intervals, some 3 or 5 minutes etc.

Boxcar is reported to be coming to Android within 90 days, which will give you this functionality...

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking for a twitter app that supports push notifications for near-instant notifications of @s and DMs. I have noticed that tweetcaster is reported by some sites to have this feature, but I downloaded it and it didn't appear to have that feature...

Twicca is almost instant..

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Well, you could set up twitter to send text messages when you get a new direct message and send an email when there is a new mention; if you use your gmail account, the notification will be pushed. Then you can go into the twitter client of your choice to respond.

TBrown3

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Jared, appreciate the info!

BiGTooT, haven't tried twicca yet, will look into it tomorrow, thanks!

doogald, I've considered that, however, that's a lot of steps get push notifications on a platform that should easily handle an app that supports push.

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
None of them have push notifications. They will all pull, like at set intervals, some 3 or 5 minutes etc.

Boxcar is reported to be coming to Android within 90 days, which will give you this functionality...

Any update on Boxcar? What else can Boxcar enable for"pushing"?

Mike

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, you could set up twitter to send text messages when you get a new direct message and send an email when there is a new mention; if you use your gmail account, the notification will be pushed. Then you can go into the twitter client of your choice to respond.

how do you get twitter to send an email when there is a new mention? i cant find that option?

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any of the apps use push yet. And there is no option for twitter to email you everytime you have a mention. Any apparently that has instant notifications is probably going to drain your battery, as it is polling the server.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk