Keep navigation bar visible in Samsung Internet Browser at all times?

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi all. :)

I mostly use the Samsung Internet app as my browser. The navigation bar at the bottom dissapears when you scroll down the page and usually reappears when you scroll back up again. However, sometimes it doesnt reappear until you scroll all the way back up to the top of the page. This generally happens when the page your on is quite long. Sometimes it can be a little annoying when your on long pages and have to scroll up all the way to the top to get the navigation bar back on screen.

I had a look through the settings but didn't see any option to make the bar stay there permanently so I assume it's not possible. I thought I'd double check with you all before giving up.

Many thanks in advance. :)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
By navigation bar, do you mean the bar with the bookmarks and tabs and back and forward buttons or the actual Android navigation bar?

Velenoso

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi all. :)

I mostly use the Samsung Internet app as my browser. The navigation bar at the bottom dissapears when you scroll down the page and usually reappears when you scroll back up again. However, sometimes it doesnt reappear until you scroll all the way back up to the top of the page. This generally happens when the page your on is quite long. Sometimes it can be a little annoying when your on long pages and have to scroll up all the way to the top to get the navigation bar back on screen.

I had a look through the settings but didn't see any option to make the bar stay there permanently so I assume it's not possible. I thought I'd double check with you all before giving up.

Many thanks in advance. :)

I use Samsung interent as my main browser and if like you say you're browsering a long page I get a little arrow at the botton of the screen near where the navigation bar is which if you hit takes you like a home button on a PC to the top of the page.

If you don't have that arrow maybe you should go to Galaxy apps and see if you can get a newer browser.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
I use Samsung interent as my main browser and if like you say you're browsering a long page I get a little arrow at the botton of the screen near where the navigation bar is which if you hit takes you like a home button on a PC to the top of the page.

If you don't have that arrow maybe you should go to Galaxy apps and see if you can get a newer browser.

Hi @Velenoso. :)

I must say I've never noticed an arrow. I'll double check if Samsung browser is up to date.

Thanks. :)

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site

Samsung browser is up to date. Or at least it says it is. :D

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay. No I don't think you can change that behavior. I'd expect it one of the things done to keep static images from staying on one spot from too long on the screen (that causes burn in).

Yeah I know what you mean. However I wouldn't have thought any burn in would happen before the screen automatically switches off.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm being thick aren't I? There is the slider on the right hand side which only becomes visible whilst your scrolling up or down. The little grey transparent bit with the white up and down arrow on it. If you hold your finger on it you can scroll the page super quick.

Sorry about that and thanks for posting. :)

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site

OMG!! Yes I just noticed the arrow you mean in a circle. It's obviously been staring me in the face all this time. But when the navigation bar isn't there neither is the arrow in the circle. Some times I have to scroll all the way up to the top of the page before the bar comes back on screen.

But anyway as I just posted I can use the little slider (grey with white up and down arrows on it) on the right side.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
OMG!! Yes I just noticed the arrow you mean in a circle. It's obviously been staring me in the face all this time. But when the navigation bar isn't there neither is the arrow in the circle. Some times I have to scroll all the way up to the top of the page before the bar comes back on screen.

But anyway as I just posted I can use the little slider (grey with white up and down arrows on it) on the right side.

Please ignore me. I'm totally talking rubbish. The arrow is always there. Talk about missing the obvious. Sorry for the confusion

J4k3z

Jun 25, 2022
Visit site
I know this is an old topic but I'm having the same exact problem and this is the most (and only) relevant result in Google.

I realize there is a "to the top" button or dragable scroll bar, but that is really besides the point, the issue of having to go back to the top of the page and lose your place on it just to get the address bar and tabs and forward/backward buttons to show up again just makes no sense. Especially when it usually shows up immediately on most webpages as soon as you scroll up even the slightest bit. I cannot confirm yet what exactly causes it to stay hidden (until you scroll all the way to the top) on certain pages but It's definitely a night and day difference in behavior.

Surely I can't be the only one affected by this annoyance?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On Chrome, if you're scrolling down on a page for a while and the URL bar at the top disappears, it should reappear if you scroll back up just a little -- there's no need to scroll all the way back to the top. Is that not happening for you? If not, which version of Chrome are you using?

EDIT: I just realized the OP of this thread was about Samsung Internet -- I don't have either of my Samsung devices in front of me right now to test, but I would think Samsung Internet would have the same behavior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress