icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Saw a quick demo video yesterday which showed touch screen integration. Is Android Auto touch only? Or can it integrate with a car's built-in controls like steering wheel controls or console knobs like the German cars all have nowadays?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I read an article on here about Audi and Android Auto. Said it will be integrated into Audi's MMI system which uses a scroll wheel controller. I doubt, then, that it will be used only for touch screens. I also highly doubt that Audi, BMW, Merc, and any other car manufacturer that uses a scroll wheel will change their whole media systems next year to touch screens just for Android Auto. Article also mentioned steering wheel control integration. I think we should be alright :)

Posted via Android Central App

gosox13

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it works on my new Audi A6, but using the controller and touchpad on the car is awkward vs touch screen. Not sure yet how much I can do by voice instead of controller. I know I can say "ok google, drive to (location)" and that worked. But have not had a situation yet where Maps suggests alternate route to save time and whether I can agree by voice rather than fumbling with controls and taking my eyes off the road. It is a work in progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK