Need some advice

mortalmallard

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Pioneer NEX 7100 and saw they recommend their $30 cable for Android Auto. My question is do I need to have this cable or will any usb to usb micro cable work? Thanks for your help in advance!

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You don't need their cable. The head unit should come with a USB extender cable that your installer should plug into USB Port 2 in the back of the unit, and should place in a convenient location for you to reach. You can then plug any USB to Micro USB cable into that extender cable.

Now, you do have the option of having your installer also plug another extender cable into USB Port 1, so that you can conveniently access that port as well (for Apple Car Play or for an ipod or other USB storage device).

Either way, bottom line is you don't need to spend $30 on their cable. That cable is for the AppRadio feature (which is unnecessary if you have Android Auto).

mortalmallard

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys! That's what I figured but wanted to be sure. Kinda dumb that one port is for Apple and one for Android. Doesn't that take the "U" out of USB?? :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo