Amazon Music and Android Auto

gadgetfan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've never really used Amazon Music much, but I'm a Prime subscriber and recently bought an AA-equipped car, so it seemed worth giving it a try.

Am I missing something, or am I basically limited to Prime stations, Prime Playlists, and shuffling my entire cloud or offline libraries when using Amazon Music via AA? For example, if I've set up a playlist in Amazon Music on my phone or laptop, I don't see a way to access that in Amazon Music on AA. Same for voice searching for a particular song, album, or artist.

It seems I'm at the mercy of Prime stations/playlists or shuffling my entire library and hoping I like what it plays. Is that right?

Last edited:

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
What voice command do you use? For example when I use Spotify, I have to say "Listen to Runaway Train by Rosanne Cash on Spotify" to not have it play through Play Music.

gadgetfan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
What voice command do you use? For example when I use Spotify, I have to say "Listen to Runaway Train by Rosanne Cash on Spotify" to not have it play through Play Music.

Each time I've tried commands that include the app name at the end, so variations on the format "Play Let It Be in Amazon Music" or "Play test playlist in Amazon Music." It takes a second to process and then shows me a screen saying "No results" (or something similar...can't check it right now). Because I've just been testing it, I've used the touchscreen to manually bring up Amazon Music before giving the voice commands, and I haven't had an issue with Android Auto taking me out of Amazon Music. I haven't tried a voice command from the Android Auto home screen, but I don't expect the results to be different.

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with Amazon Music. I can't even access saved prime playlists on there! It's just "recommended" or "recent". Very annoying. I've talked to their app support and they just said they'd pass the message on to add a way to access saved playlists, but that was months ago and no changes.

anon(187199)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Amazon music app is pretty worthless on AA, which sucks as a prime subscriber I would like to use it. Voice commands do not work as far as I can tell. I typically end up finding something on my phone and then using the recently played list on AA.

gadgetfan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Yikes. Only thing I can think of is report it to Amazon so they can fix it in the next update
I spoke to Amazon support yesterday, and the guy seemed just as confused as I was. He said he'd pass it up the chain, but I'm honestly not expecting anything to change anytime soon.

I have the same problem with Amazon Music. I can't even access saved prime playlists on there! It's just "recommended" or "recent". Very annoying. I've talked to their app support and they just said they'd pass the message on to add a way to access saved playlists, but that was months ago and no changes.

The Amazon music app is pretty worthless on AA, which sucks as a prime subscriber I would like to use it. Voice commands do not work as far as I can tell. I typically end up finding something on my phone and then using the recently played list on AA.
It's a sad state of affairs, especially for Prime subscribers. Thanks for confirming that it's not just me.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Amazon PrimeMusic is not working at all for me. I get an exception #45. Device cannot be authenticated. (My phone is rooted, so that is probably why. Has Marshmallow now. Worked on rooted Lollipop.)

anon(187199)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Root is not the problem, but if you installed prime music from anywhere besides the play store (e.g. amazon app store) its not going to work. Try uninstalling and reinstalling from play store.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Root is not the problem, but if you installed prime music from anywhere besides the play store (e.g. amazon app store) its not going to work. Try uninstalling and reinstalling from play store.

I figured it out. I always had it installed w/Amazon Appstore but that doesn't matter. I can get it working if installed from Amazon Appstore

Issue is some type of conflict with another app. If I log out of Amazon Appstore and log back in, Prime Music works but I get an error with my Ulmon Pro city app. When I get the city app working, my Prime Music app gets the error message. Somehow the 2 apps are conflicting with each other. Strange issue.

Oh, and being installed from Play Store made no difference. The exception 45 error still popped up

Last edited:

erniegogo

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Amazon Music came up immediately for me but did not have my playlist. Next time I plugged into Android Auto I had my playlist open already. It was recognized and has been fully functional since. I have no problems with Amazon Music or Slacker Radio.

Mazda CX-5, new Pioneer AVH-4200NEX, HTC One - M8, Android Marshmallow

gadgetfan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Amazon Music came up immediately for me but did not have my playlist. Next time I plugged into Android Auto I had my playlist open already. It was recognized and has been fully functional since. I have no problems with Amazon Music or Slacker Radio.

Thanks for this. If I have the playlist already open, then I can get to it via AA. Not ideal, but at least it's something. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty