Media volume always MAX when running Android Auto on my Note 4

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Previously, I was listening to my music (and Maps voice navigation) over Bluetooth, but finally decided to try using AA. Everything works fine, except the volume seems to be too loud. On my Honda, I used to use a volume of around 13 to 16 when using Bluetooth, depending on the music and my mood. This was with the volume at "safe max" (before the phone warns you about things might be too loud) on the BT volume settings on my phone.

Now, using AA, I can only set my car's volume up to about 8 or 9. I've noticed that if I check my phone, the Media volume is always set to MAX when using AA. It reverts to whatever the previous setting was after I stop using AA. The problem with this is that 8 or 9 steps of volume isn't enough. It seems like if I raise the volume, it gets just a bit too loud, and if I lower it, it's a tad too soft.

Is there any way to make AA not set the volume to max? I have no idea if this is a phone/app problem, or something on the car. I would imaging it's related to my phone and not the car, but I don't know enough about how AA works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Warner

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
757Dave, thanks, I tried it. Didn't work. It only seems to work on Bluetooth-related settings, and doesn't affect AndroidAuto settings, unless I missed something. I tried both the "CarDock" and "Bluetooth" settings, and didn't make any difference.

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
757Dave, thanks, I tried it. Didn't work. It only seems to work on Bluetooth-related settings, and doesn't affect AndroidAuto settings, unless I missed something. I tried both the "CarDock" and "Bluetooth" settings, and didn't make any difference.

Sorry it didn't work for you. My only observation is that with my Head Unit (Pioneer) when I press the volume up or down I see two volume settings at the bottom of the screen. One for the Head Unit volume and the other for the Navigation. Not familiar with your unit though. Again, sorry that it wasn't a simple fix.

Good luck. Hope someone with your system sees this and has an answer for you.

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Heh. I "solved" my problem, kind of. Updated my phone from Android 5.0 to 5.1, and now I don't get any sounds through Android Auto at all! So at least it's no longer always maxing the volume. Now I have the opposite problem. Almost makes me wonder if I'd be better off with a new phone, or if I should keep trying to get updated to Marshmallow, and see if that fixes anything. Thanks anyway!