Android auto won't stay connected

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Galaxy s8 and as of this week i can not get android auto navigation to work with it. When i turn on AA it automatically turns on my bluetooth and the navigation does not work with bluetooth. I turn it off, i unpaired, turn off the auto connect and it will automatically re pair and turn on bluetooth. I have reinstalled AA but still same problem. Any idea why this is happening?
KC

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, AA always turns on BT. It needs it for telephone portion of the AA as well transmitting audio between car and phone, e.g. voice commands and all outgoing audio from phone to car (it can work via USB but not very reliably in my own experience). There is no reason why navigation won't work if BT is turned on. So, there lies you problem (why navigation won't work with BT on). Do you mean Google maps or your car's own navigation? When AA Is active, its own navigation (Google Maps or Waze) takes over. If you want to use car's own navigation, you must exit the AA.

Javan_1968

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Jumping in on this thread as we are experiencing connection issues on our 2017 CRV. It used to be that if I Had BT on and got near the car if it was running, AA would automatically start. Now it does not. That being said, our problem is the same for two phones (S7, J7V). We get into the CRV, start the CRV, start AA, connect the phone to the smartphone port in the car and there is no response from AA in the car. To me this is a car issue, but still posting here, as I am not sure that it is not AA related.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress