Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
If you're an apple fan, why come here and troll? Me personally I just don't go to apple sites because what's the point? They think their stuff is better, I think my stuff is better, we're not going to see eye to eye regardless so there is no point in arguing about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Please someone answer the question of the title of this thread?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you're an apple fan, why come here and troll? Me personally I just don't go to apple sites because what's the point? They think their stuff is better, I think my stuff is better, we're not going to see eye to eye regardless so there is no point in arguing about it.

Cool. You called someone a troll.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm not an Apple fanboy at all. I'm mor of an Android fan. I just happen to own a 4s at the moment. I just get tired of the bs rhetoric and bashing that the Android folks seem to really enjoy.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
There isn't. It's revolutionary from an apple perspective, but this year's phone adds nothing revolutionary. Last year Siri, the year before, retina, but this year it's about catching up and making a more competitive product as the 4/4s both looked terribly outdated

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Please someone answer the question of the title of this thread?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

It was already answered.

To answer the topic question:

Nothing.

The iPhone 5 is just evolutionary. There really isn't anything revolutionary about it. If you're mad about what was said by Apple employees during their iPhone 5 announcement, you're getting mad about marketing.

Of course, every company is going to say their phone is the best. Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not an Apple fanboy at all. I'm mor of an Android fan. I just happen to own a 4s at the moment. I just get tired of the bs rhetoric and bashing that the Android folks seem to really enjoy.

I see, I try not to do that. To each his own really.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It's not really the first one to not have any innovative features on it. Both the 3G and 3GS were the same way really

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
The only thing innovative is going to be how fast it can get scratched!

Yes the back I going to get scratched real quick. You don't know how many people I see with ether the back or front of there iPhone 4 or 4s that has the glass shattered.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So android central, the greatest forum in the world (almost) we can block users, and that is great for those titans, but how do we block threads? Seriously, I have about 20 I just want to nix. That would be gold.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
To answer the topic question:

Nothing.

This. There is nothing revolutionary about it. But there didn't need to be. We have reached the point where 'revolutionary' is almost impossible. Nearly everything that can be done with today's technology has already been thought of.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
This. There is nothing revolutionary about it. But there didn't need to be. We have reached the point where 'revolutionary' is almost impossible. Nearly everything that can be done with today's technology has already been thought of.

Bingo. Revolutionary is nearly impossible because we've plateaued with hardware. Imo of course.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
And well I agree with that too. I'm just glad we live in times we can have this argument. Let's talk about cell phones on the 90s.... No mobile Internet, no apps, 3 hours of standby, 20 minutes of talk time. I don't miss those days.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Bingo. Revolutionary is nearly impossible because we've plateaued with hardware. Imo of course.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Did you say icons will be icons? Software innovation will never happen anymore. Any deviation from wool will bleed sheep. Those poor poor animals, god, what a fragility...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you say icons will be icons? Software innovation will never happen anymore. Any deviation from wool will bleed sheep. Those poor poor animals, god, what a fragility...

Lol! I actually think most of the innovation will be software related, until battery technology and efficient hardware catch up.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper