Yesterday 11:56 AM
165 ... 567
tools
    Ruined my day, wasted my time. Still sucking. Don't upgrade.
    I totally wish I hadn't.
    04-13-2019 02:55 AM
    hugely disappointment that they removed the possibility to hide the navigation bar.
    The navigation bar hides when appropriate on my Pixel 2 XL. What device do you have?

Please fix in the next update.
    Your best bet is to reach out to your device manufacturer (you don't say what device you have) and provide your feedback.
    04-13-2019 06:44 AM
    Absolute ****. Its pretty embarrassing they released this massive downgrade in must use features. Every time you want info, you must now interact with the screen (want my messages on lock back), and the ******* recents page is such a miserable failure im shocked the idiots at google/samsung (not sure who the culprit is, but this change is inexcusable) deliveres this garbage. Give me the old one, or a full refund. Im not voiding my warranty to get "outdated" features BACK.
    04-13-2019 03:41 PM
    Amazing how many people want new tech that keeps old ways.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    04-13-2019 03:46 PM
    or a full refund.
    Good luck with that. I can read messages on the lock screen of my Pixel 2 XL, maybe you need to adjust some settings?

Recent apps, the change was probably made to conform with the gestures. With gestures, if you swipe left to right on the navigation bar it moves to the last app you were in, just as happens when you swipe up to get recents and then swipe left to right.
    04-13-2019 09:14 PM
    unable to use "Night Mode " with Theme. has anyone experienced this?
    04-14-2019 09:08 PM
    unable to use "Night Mode " with Theme. has anyone experienced this?
    That's probably a theme issue more than an OS issue, contact the theme developer.
    04-15-2019 04:48 AM
    I don't like it. it was much better the 8, I have samsung G S9 and since the upgrade I'm having some problems. I hope they fix all of that soon.
    04-26-2019 04:40 PM
    I have an Honor 9 so only recently got the Pie upgrade. Like a lot of other people, I'm not massively impressed and I'd rather have stayed on Oreo. Having said that, I think that's mainly down to a few key reasons:

1) The volume control. What on earth have they done with it?! They've taken what was clear, concise and easy to understand in Oreo and made it confusing, unclear and a right pain in the butt! It feels like it's been changed for the sake of changing it but it's just a massive backwards step.

2) Changing the volume in Settings now plays a sound for every change made. So if you alter the ringer volume, it will play the ring sound for every change made to the volume slider. Why?!?!? This is utterly unnecessary and, again, a huge step backwards.

3) It's no longer possible preview WhatsApp messages in the notification area. Previously on Oreo, if a WhatsApp message arrived, I could swipe down and see who the message was from and a preview of what the message said. This is no longer possible and swiping down from the notification bar now simply shows a message like "3 new messages from 2 conversations"...no indication of who the messages are from or what they say. I've not changed any notification settings so can only assume it's something to do with the way Andorid now handles notifications. Having said that, it does occasionally behave how it used to and show who the message is from and preview what it says...but this is only occasionally and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when or why it decides to do this.

4) Battery life. This seems to be worse than it ever was under Oreo - not by an order of magnitude, but certainly noticeable. Even if I'm not using my phone, the battery percentage drops at a faster rate than it ever used to.

There may be other gripes I have but those are the main ones...and they're the ones that are the biggest annoyances.

If anyone has experienced the same issues and managed to resolve or get round them (esp the WhatsApp message issue), I'd really appreciate hearing how you did it.

Thanks
    05-04-2019 08:41 AM
    So far I like it. Just a bit to get used to but then it is good.
    05-05-2019 06:46 AM
    Figured I'd might as well update this in case anyone else finds the thread.

A factory reset didn't work. I ended up finding a guy in town who works on phones. I had him replace the battery (50 bucks plus 10 for the battery) and now it's back to being my good old phone again. Easily a full day on a charge, even with heavy use. I think I bought another 2 years out of this phone.
    05-15-2019 08:41 AM
    I hate it. Everytime my phone restarts, all Bluetooth pairings are deleted. I have to pair with the car, watch, home speakers, etc. A pain in the ***.
    05-18-2019 10:52 PM
    Long press the Bluetooth button in quick settings and it will take you directly there. I believe all the buttons in quick settings are tap for on/off and long press for other options/settings now.
    Thanks! I didn't know that either.
    06-28-2019 06:56 AM
    Yes. I do like it. Especially the clean Android One experience. I wish that the dark theme was applied universally to all the Google apps and services.

Hopefully GMAIL will get better integration with other email services, apps and messaging platforms (like the BlackBerry Hub). But these are mostly pet peeves, not serious deficiencies. Maybe they can buy BlackBerry Hub?!

Another wish would be that Google went ahead and outright bought the BlackBerry Keyboard and integrated its interface and swipe function into its GBoard.

Trying out the "Gestures" has been fun. So all in all a good, solid experience. Which again, I'll say it's best seen when using as pure of an Android version as possible.

PS Actually, come to think about it, Google should buy all or of BlackBerry/BlackBerry Mobile and murder everybody at TCL as well as get rid or John Chen...LOL...🤣✌️
    07-11-2019 09:03 AM
    I have not been using Android Pie that long. But, thus far I like it...
    Yesterday 11:56 AM
165 ... 567