Lost my Note 3, can anyone help?

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I just lost my note 3 this morning between dropping my son off at school and coming home. I've called the school and I've checked my home and car repeatedly but no luck. Called verizon but not much help there outside of the usual. I'm pretty sure I have where's mg droid set up on my phone but I am unable to use the attention word to give me a gps reading. Nothing comes back. I've tried texting it via my iphone and note 2 but no luck. I've tried calling the phone but no luck hearing it at home or car. I didn't go anywhere else. Last time I lost an old lg
Slider and my wife found it in my car some how. But I can't imagine that I could miss seeing the note 3 in my car somewhere somehow. Can anyone tell me if possibly something is interfering with where's my droid app to prevent it from sending a gps reading? Location services are on. I am at a loss at this point. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lost my note 3 please help

If you have personal information, I would advise a remote wipe, if possible. You won't be able to locate your device when you so this but it could help reduce the chance of identity theft.

But to answer your question, when you are calling, is it ringing? If it goes straight to vm then the phone could be off or there could be no signal where the phone is.

You can use Android device manager to locate your phone as well, if you gave it administrative access

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

It does ring and eventual go to voicemail but not directly. I don't believe I ever set up device manager/gave it admin access. It's not by default? If I was to use android device manager how would I go about doing that? Thanks so much for your reply. I will look more into device manager. But are you familiar with whefesmydroid? I don't understand why nothing is happening when I text diff attention words to its number.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Android device manager is not enabled by default. But if enabled then you can download device manager from the play store to locate the phone. Where's my Droid works similar though I haven't personally used it.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I logged on to android device manager via PC and it said google location is turned off so that sucks. I did see in device manager 'setup lock and erase'. I clicked on it and it said it sent a notification to the phone. Does that mean it erased everything on the phone ? Or do I need to do more? Thanks a lot !

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Well, it Sent the signal. There isn't any confirmation, but that's the best you can do

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Best I can do meaning it may have erased it or it definitely did? I sent it a few times not sure what any additional times did but afterwards I called verizon back to report it stolen and filed a claim with assurion at this point. I will be highly pissed that such a phone ended up in some nook in my quite clean car but that seems unlikely also as the ringer was on and it did ring when I called yet I didn't hear anything in my car. But I guess I will learn yet again only this time it's a much more expensive phone the the first time :( I still don't understand how wheresmydroid failed.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Once you report it stolen, the phone cannot be used anymore as a phone.

Even though the signal was sent to wipe, I don't believe that there is any way of confirming that it was wiped.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Not sure how the other ones work but I use Kaspersky on my phone and tablet. I had it on my husbands tablet when it was stolen and Kaspersky located and wiped it. There is a web interface you do all these things from. Again maybe these other options do the same thing but thought I would toss this and for future reference in case you want to try something else. I'm sorry you lost your Note, that would be a real bummer for me, too.

Deb from my Note 3

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Not to burst the bubble but when I first got my note I installed where's my Droid and if didn't seem to work either. I noticed they made some changes on the Web site and I believe I had to reset some things there to get it to work. I'd try going to their site from a browser and seeing if you get any better results (I think I even had to establish a new login).good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

You still have a shot, but your phone has to be connected, and still in your account. Head to the Play Store on a PC, login, search for AndroidLost, click install. Head to AndroidLost.com and login with the same info as your phone. It should have validated you. If it hasn't yet, give it 10-15 mins, I have no idea the delay. I think you can send a txt message command from any other cell to your phone that will enable AndroidLost (I think it's "androidlost register", sans quotes.)

The AndroidLost site does not have the best UI, but the app is amazing. Good luck!

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

I use cerberus. I don't know if it can be installed without the phone in hand, but if you have the login for your playstore account you may be able to install it over a computer and use it. I think it is an excellent program. Not only does it show you the location, it allows you to take photo's and audio from your phone. It also shows the battery level so you know if it is being charged or has been recharged since you lost it. It also allows you to see the last text messages and calls. It was my choice for theft protection and loss protection. There may be better, but it is pretty good and may help you find yours if it allows you to install it without the phone in hand.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.lsdroid.cerberus&token=6flwGc3O

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lost my Note 3 please help

As long as Verizon suspended it you are OK. No one can use it and even if they sell it for a few bucks it has a bad ESN...cannot be used.
If you have assurion you will have a deductible and they can send you another phone.

Posted via Android Central App

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Lost my Note 3 please help

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I wish I knew
About androidlost earlier but I will keep that in mind if this happens in the future. No I didn't find it. I did report it lost and stolen to verizon and got a replacement via assurion. I'm just worried if I had luck wiping it clean via wheresmydroid and android device manager. Prior to reporting it I wasn't able to locate it via WMD as my text messages never sent back anything nor with ADM as it said google location services was off. I was able to call the phone and I didn't go to vm right away so I know it wasnt off for the few hours prior to reporting it stolen. I tried calling it and didn't hear it anywhere I was around and I tried to use the ring feature with WMD and no luck once again. I also sent commands to wipe it clean with both. Not sure if anything was suppose to come back to me saying it was wiped when I did it with WMD. With ADM it said it sent a signal to wipe it. It was rooted so I believe if someone knows enough they can access it correct? It had password on it and most apps had its own lock as well. Does the flag on the device stating it's stolen apply to use on gsm networks? Thanks again everyone for your help !

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like you had it locked well. A knowledgable thief will get around/into it, but for most, it's not worth the trouble. If you had any truely sensitive info, I'd encourage changing passwords on apps/files involved if you haven't already done so.

Odds are it's for sale as is, or sold already. Check Craigslist in your area, you may get lucky.

Put AndroidLost on your replacement, and test it so your familiar with how to work it. Other really good alternatives have been suggested above. Additionally, Lookout and Avast! both have very nice solutions.

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for your misfortune, took. Thanks, though, for sharing your experience with this forum. Your situation inspired me to install AndroidLost, since losing your phone can happen to anyone.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Sorry for your misfortune, took. Thanks, though, for sharing your experience with this forum. Your situation inspired me to install AndroidLost, since losing your phone can happen to anyone.

A thief, or anyone who finds your phone but has no intention of returning it, can find AndroidLost in the Play Store > My Apps on the phone. And can uninstall it! So you need to move real fast after you lost the device!
By now you're probably too late, of course, but you never know. It's worth a try to wipe it, imo.
AndroidLost's greatest feature, imo, is that you can install it on the phone remotely, AFTER you lost the device!

khristy21

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Hi! I also lost my note 3. First, I would like to know if I can still recover my lost phone if I already changed my passwords? Second I was able to register my phone in samsung find my mobile but, I was not able to activate the remote controls... Can I still detect the location of my phone once it is connected to internet? What if the person using it creates a new samsung account? Can I still trace my phone? Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty