AC Sideload Wonder Machine for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Do you need to download any app from to your phone or to your computer in order to install it? I am unable to locate the any .apk file from the AC-SWM folder.

Help!

This program installs .apk files you have downloaded elsewhere, like SlideME or MiKandi (other app markets).

It says my phones not connected, or there is no device. My Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 is connected, with windows debugging on, what do i do?

You need to set up the Windows driver from Sony. I'm not much help here, because they have changed the installation method since I had an X10. Ask for help in the X10 forums with the driver, and they will get you sorted.

OK. I've done everything. Everything is fine, I'd be able to install the app that I like from a third party following this method. However

I'am still unable to install from a third party. It said "Security purpose phone is locked from third party"

Do I have to do this everything I want to install third party apps?

Thank you!

Yep. Everytime you want to install a third party app you'll have to use the Sideloader. Here's hoping AT&T changes that in the future!

I have been trying to figure this out so any help would be welcome. I am a newbe and this is my first droid a captivate. I downloaded and installed swm and received no error messages when I hit the dianostics buttons and my device shows up. ap I am trying to install is flash_for_21.apk. when I select this it runs for a while and then returns with install_failed_insufficent_storage. I dont know if ATT has done something to prevent this software or if I am still missing something... Help Please..:(

I had the Install_Failed_Insufficient_Storage problem forever. Then I realized I was putting my Apps in the wrong folder. Dont put them in the payload. just put them in the AC_SWM folder

THIS ERROR IS DRIVING ME MAD. I know what jelowrie says works, because it works for everyone. But it's impossible. The program can only look where it's told for the apk file, and that's the payload folder. No matter how hard I try, I can't reproduce it.

So I'm asking for help from you two. Can you zip up the entire AC_SWM folder you have on your computer and mail it to me please?
jerry.hildenbrand@androidcentral.com
thanks in advance!

Rockyusa

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Memory error while loading app.. Thanks!

jelowrie,Thanks, Your The Man! I thought I had placed the app in the correct folder.. When I did as you instructed ... it worked.. Screen shows app loaded ok. App still did not correct my no adobe flash problem.. guess I have some more research to do for a updated app...

:):)

Rockyusa

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
This program installs .apk files you have downloaded elsewhere, like SlideME or MiKandi (other app markets).

You need to set up the Windows driver from Sony. I'm not much help here, because they have changed the installation method since I had an X10. Ask for help in the X10 forums with the driver, and they will get you sorted.

Yep. Everytime you want to install a third party app you'll have to use the Sideloader. Here's hoping AT&T changes that in the future!

THIS ERROR IS DRIVING ME MAD. I know what jelowrie says works, because it works for everyone. But it's impossible. The program can only look where it's told for the apk file, and that's the payload folder. No matter how hard I try, I can't reproduce it.

So I'm asking for help from you two. Can you zip up the entire AC_SWM folder you have on your computer and mail it to me please?
jerry.hildenbrand@androidcentral.com
thanks in advance!
Jerry
OK this is what I did to correct the loading problems. I created a file on the root of C: drive, AC_SWM, I moved all of my files there. I removed the app from the loader file and placed it with the ac_swm folder with the program files. I deleted all shortcuts and related files from my desktop. When I opend the program I used the find button to go to my AC_SWM folder and found my app. I clicked on the app and hit open. install button became activated and I installed the app. I found if there were any other copies of the software or an icon for the software on the desktop it would not work. It all has to be done from the file folder on C: drive.

hope this helps, good luck...

wizechap

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Amazing...worked like a charm on Samsung Captivate

Amazing...worked like a charm on Samsung Captivate. sideloaded linkedin beta. :)
Thanks to the developer and all who contributed.
great response to sick tricks from ATT

mattmoo313

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
okay so i ran everything and it all worked to install swype, but now all my contacts are gone is there a way to get them back. . .plus swype didnt work either so double wammy

Stiv_X

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried to read all 21 pages, but can't seem to get through them all. So, I will just ask my question. As this is supposed to work on any android device, will it also work to sideload apps on a non-rooted Nook Color?

ngravatt

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
yo, ATT captivate users, i kept getting the same error about 'cannot find payload...'
(I have stock ATT ROM, rooted)

i took a hint from one of the first posts. I created a folder inside c:\AC_SWM and called it payload. I put an .apk file in the payload folder.

from the command prompt browse to c:\AC_SWM
then type: loader.bat

bam, now it installs my apps for me.

thanks to everyone

Last edited:

Markieg

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have searched the forum for someone with the same problem but I seem to be the only one.

I downloaded both versions of the program, the original version twice and the beta version 4 times. Every time I try to unzip the file, I get the error message, "unkown format or damaged".

I tried to unzip with Winrar and Winzip but neither of them can open the file. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks.

TomAG

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Captivate I897 (JH7)

Beta version would not work on this system.
However, the 1st production version worked just fine:)

Spiderbaggins

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a SE Xperia X10. I had previously downloaded and installed the Sony PC Companion program so I could update my OS from 1.6 to 2.2. AT&T BLOCKS this, but it does install the USB Drivers onto your computer.

I installed the latest SWM per the directions (unzip/extract folder to C Drive) and it works GREAT!!!!

Thanks Guys.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Little help please. I've been through the troubleshooting, have the latest version that is supposed to fix the file path issues with xp have but still get the error can't find path to "to_install.apk". When I run the diagnostics it says "payload folder not found".

Can anyone help with this please? Sorry if I missed it in this thread already. I searched, really I did. :)

I do have SWM loaded on another pc running vista and it works fine but I'd really like it to work on my xp machine.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, solved. All I had to do was create the folder "payload" in the AC_SWM foler in the root of C. That was it. Maybe leaving my dumb post here will help someone else. :p

Last edited:

FlyHi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
ECOD Found

I've searched most of this Thread, and I think I'm the only one with this problem.
Once I have my HTC Aria connected in Charge Mode, and USB Debugging on, I click the .apk I would like, and then click install. The following message appears.

"ECOD Found, not zip
File C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk is not a valid zip file"

I really don't know what happened, it was working one morning, but in the afternoon it wasn't.

Thanks in advance, Matt

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Little help please. I've been through the troubleshooting, have the latest version that is supposed to fix the file path issues with xp have but still get the error can't find path to "to_install.apk". When I run the diagnostics it says "payload folder not found".

Can anyone help with this please? Sorry if I missed it in this thread already. I searched, really I did. :)

I do have SWM loaded on another pc running vista and it works fine but I'd really like it to work on my xp machine.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, solved. All I had to do was create the folder "payload" in the AC_SWM foler in the root of C. That was it. Maybe leaving my dumb post here will help someone else. :p

Thanks. I'm not sure why the payload folder doesn't get unzipped for some folks, yet does for others. Next revamp of the app creates the folder when first run.

I've searched most of this Thread, and I think I'm the only one with this problem.
Once I have my HTC Aria connected in Charge Mode, and USB Debugging on, I click the .apk I would like, and then click install. The following message appears.

"ECOD Found, not zip
File C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk is not a valid zip file"

I really don't know what happened, it was working one morning, but in the afternoon it wasn't.

Thanks in advance, Matt
Sounds like the .apk you're trying to install is corrupt, or needs signed correctly. Try a different file and see if that helps

Reactions: FlyHi

scrblz

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am also using a Samsung Captivate. I have used SWM to install apps on my phone before, however now when I try to sideload another apk, it deos not list my phone's serial number.

Any advice

litetrix

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
SWM Error Message

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk'.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem.FileCopy(String Source, String Destination)
at AC_SWM.frmMain.btnChoose_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AC_SWM
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/AC_SWM.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
Have Captivate with Froyo 2.2 unrooted phone. Using Windows 7.
Here is error message. Where do I go from here. Have NET loaded.
Error message:

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

baciinc1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Noob here, just wanted to say thank you! This worked perfect for my htc Aria. Im not too computer savvy and this was actually a lot easier than it looks.

--p.s. I can not believe ATT would blatantly disable their phones from being able to install non-market apps. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ATT AGAIN. Once my bull**** contract is up, Im definitely moving on.

Thanx Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87