What if your phone is locked? Does Android Wear still work?

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I cant seem to find anything about this --- Does the watch work if your phone has a password lock on it?

My company makes me lock my phone with a password before I can use it. I have a Droid MAXX and if I try to use google now, it will "work" but then it will say " Please unlock your phone to continue".

Will I get a similar issue with the Android Wear platform if I want to search, send text messages, get my emails, etc? Or does the bluetooth link remove that limitation/lock

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
You can receive notifications for SMS, hangouts, email, etc. and perform Google now functions like setting alarms/reminders and such all from the watch without ever unlocking your phone. Search results typically make you go to the phone, so anything that you wish to "open on phone" would require an unlocking of the phone, of course.

I have a pass code on my phone, but can still receive and reply to notifications directly on the watch without ever touching or unlocking the phone.

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
You can receive notifications for SMS, hangouts, email, etc. and perform Google now functions like setting alarms/reminders and such all from the watch without ever unlocking your phone. Search results typically make you go to the phone, so anything that you wish to "open on phone" would require an unlocking of the phone, of course.

I have a pass code on my phone, but can still receive and reply to notifications directly on the watch without ever touching or unlocking the phone.

Thanks sir!

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I cant seem to find anything about this --- Does the watch work if your phone has a password lock on it?

My company makes me lock my phone with a password before I can use it. I have a Droid MAXX and if I try to use google now, it will "work" but then it will say " Please unlock your phone to continue".

Will I get a similar issue with the Android Wear platform if I want to search, send text messages, get my emails, etc? Or does the bluetooth link remove that limitation/lock

My company has a similar requirement. In addition to it working, I have also installed Pebble Locker (you don't have to have a Pebble) and made the watch a trusted bluetooth device, this keeps the phone unlocked if the watch is paired, if I walk beyond bluetooth range, the phone then locks.

bottom line, the watch works great even if the phone is locked.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
This was the biggest selling point for me. We are required to have a 5 digit pass code and that gets awful tedious. It has been great!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non