Hello

I'm deciding whether to buy an iPhone SE or wait for the Pixel 4a. One of the things that will sway my decision is lock screen notifications.

I'm not a fan of AOD, so my chosen phone would have to at least have some way of notifying me of a text message or similar without me interacting with the phone.

In the past, the LED would do a grand job of this, but I believe these are being phased out in favor of AOD in most phones including the Pixel.

Can any pixel owners advise of the options within the settings?
    04-29-2020 03:36 AM
    Hello

I'm deciding whether to buy an iPhone SE or wait for the Pixel 4a. One of the things that will sway my decision is lock screen notifications.

I'm not a fan of AOD, so my chosen phone would have to at least have some way of notifying me of a text message or similar without me interacting with the phone.

In the past, the LED would do a grand job of this, but I believe these are being phased out in favor of AOD in most phones including the Pixel.

Can any pixel owners advise of the options within the settings?
    Well hello there. I've got a pixel 3 XL. As far as looking at notifications on the lock screen without interacting with your phone, an AOD you just LOOK at the notifications on the ambient display, then decide whether or not you want to interact with any of the notifications or not. As far as LED light notifications, yeah sorry, but manufacturers took that away from Android phones starting a couple of years ago in favor of the AOD. In my opinion, Pixels, or Any other Android phone for that matter have better lock screen notifications than iPhones do in general. That's just my 2 cents. I hope this helps you out a little bit though.
    04-29-2020 06:01 AM
    I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    04-29-2020 09:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! While I can't speak for the Pixel 4a specifically, on my Pixel 2, you could disable the AOD and just use the lockscreen to view your notifications.

As far as being notified as to when you get an incoming call, message, app notification, etc, there should be a setting in there to have the phone's screen light up when they come in.

Again, I can't say this for sure because we don't know too much about the Pixel 4a, but that is how it was on my Pixel 2.
    eric002 likes this.
    04-29-2020 09:54 AM