A contact I've blocked keeps on ringing me

Semi3

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, so I've encountered an issue with my Galaxy A30.

I've blocked a contact via the phone app (and double checked in the contacts) and it says black on white that the contact is blocked.

Yet time after time (5 times already) the number keeps on ringing me, it drives me nuts.

What might be the cause of that call going through or the block not really working.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Semi3

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for the prompt reply.
My carrier doesn't support blocking a number on their end so I'm left figuring this out.
I'll explain better, granny asked me to block a number that harasses her and so I did yet the calls from the number are still coming through and not hitting the voicemail.

I've made a test by blocking my number on her phone and dialling and it works as intended and I'm being forwarded to the voicemail straight away, doesn't work for that number.

What can be the cause?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure it's one specific number? In other words, is that number showing up in caller ID, or is it only a name? If it's just a name, then it's possible that the caller is using multiple numbers -- this would not be uncommon for spammers or robocallers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress