What are google android setupwizard permissions?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On glaxay a11 in app "setup & transfer" settings (com.synchronoss.dcs.att.r2g) it has permissions for com.google.android.setupwizard.SETUP_COMPAT_SERVICE and com.att.tpa.PERMISSION and just wondering what this is. All the apps that are default samsung apps like camera etc are not updating past original install and wondering if it didn't set up properly.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This permission normal , it's setting up your phone with the accounts you entered especially Att..

Now since this a first time setup those Samsung apps are probably already updated .

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
Okay that makes sense. When I first started the phone up the other apps all updated, but the samsung phone apps didn't. The camera app for example is on version 9.0.05.3 and I didn't know how to check for updates. They don't show up in the app stores.

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
I also couldn't check for updates in the messaging app and wanted to make sure that was current. It is 11.1.60.165. I was having issues receiving texts earlier and turned off att advanced messaging which fixed it but wanted to make sure i didnt need to update anything.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay that makes sense. When I first started the phone up the other apps all updated, but the samsung phone apps didn't. The camera app for example is on version 9.0.05.3 and I didn't know how to check for updates. They don't show up in the app stores.
Hj, welcome to AC!

In galaxy play store , open and on top left corner 3 bars , tap and check updates ,thats where your apps for Samsung get updates besides Google play store .

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
Do I have to create a samsung account to update? I don't want to make one as then it syncs my phone with all the services but when I try to click updates in the store it prompts to sign in/sign up and i have automatic updates over wifi and data set up in settings for the store.

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
I signed up for an account before and it wouldn't let me remove the samsung account like I could the google one by signing out so I ended up deleting the samsung account completely from the samsung website because I didn't want all of my data backing up to the cloud and all the services running in the background since I wasn't using them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do I have to create a samsung account to update? I don't want to make one as then it syncs my phone with all the services but when I try to click updates in the store it prompts to sign in/sign up and i have automatic updates over wifi and data set up in settings for the store.
It's best to use a Samsung account, this will benefit you for keeping back up,for your apps,pictures, contact ,calendars, messages,etc
And Samsung find my phone which can remotely unlock from website I'd you can't get into your phone and people run into this issue very often.

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
So there is no way around it? I don't want a back up of all of my personal data in the samsung cloud. There are other cloud alternatives available. I just want to be able to update my apps. I was able to uodate many of the samsung apps without logging into an account, but it says 8 are still needing updates and I can't search for them in the store to locate them to manually select update. And the camera and message app for example don't show available updates on the apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So there is no way around it? I don't want a back up of all of my personal data in the samsung cloud. There are other cloud alternatives available. I just want to be able to update my apps. I was able to uodate many of the samsung apps without logging into an account, but it says 8 are still needing updates and I can't search for them in the store to locate them to manually select update. And the camera and message app for example don't show available updates on the apps.
Some will show updates and some won't means it's up to date, you can update without sansung account, and use smart switch on your pc , its a Samsung tool to back up everything pretty much , Google drive and Google photos does a great job also for back.ups so log into them , Samsung cloud will be phased out by next year some point in favor for One drive . But trust me Samsung account is very safe and between them and Google hard to beat for security . I've been using Samsung account for 10 years and nothing happened.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Did the android setup (229.285543768) not work properly? It won't let me update the apps over data automatically on the store. And I'm confused on how to get current versions. Google play store let me update via data.
In galaxy play store you tap.in left upper corner 3 bars then that menu opens and a gear cog icon on top tap and choose auto update on data and wifi .

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
The settings are set to auto update on wifi and data and it will not update. I have restarted the phone and turned it on and off. I can't get them to update. Also when I try to check for phone system updates the button to continue with update is grayed out and it won't let me proceed.