My Xperia XZ2 will not send text to SELECTED people unless on wifi/data

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a new phone and I have noticed that some of my contacts cannot message me via text on the 'messages' app if I do not hhave wifi/data on. This is the same if I want to message them.

When I message the people that I am experiencing this problem with, after sending the message I get a notice under the message saying 'waiting for connection' when I turn on wifi and it is sent the message then reads 'delivered'

I am on contract with data included but have never, ever before needed to turn on data/wifi to send a text. I do not wish to proceed in this way either.

The majority of my contacts can get through just fine, but a friend who is the Vodafone network cannot message or my husband who is on the EE network which is the same as me.

There must be some settings that are out, I have tried many solutions, clearing the cache on Messages app, resetting the network. Nothing is working.

Please please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify -- are you saying that you're having problems sending or receiving a text without mobile data or wi-fi on (i.e., with only voice signal)? Are these MMS messages (i.e., picture texts, group texts, or texts with emojis)? MMS requires mobile data to be on.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38