Updating Google locations

Drguyks

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
So for a while now I've had difficulty in getting an accurate read as to my location. Google will say I'm at home when in reality I'm 20 miles away. Is there any way to manually refresh update my location with Google? I've asked Google but haven't been able to find a straight answer. Best case scenario is it tells me to go into the settings option, but without details. Worst case scenario is it gives me 20 unrelated things. Can anyone help?

• Type of device; Galaxy s20 Fe 5G

• Whether a carrier/network device, or SIM-free; AT&T

• Whether bought new or used; NEW

• Whether the device may have incurred damage, such as from impact or water; None

• What version of the OS; 11

• Whether the trouble is on Wifi, mobile data, or both; mobile

• The source from which any troublesome apps or software were downloaded; GOOGLE

• What you’ve already tried to fix the problem; search in Google with no luck

• What message appears if you try to do something, but are unable; not applicable

• What you were doing before the problem occurred; I'm trying to drive from point A to point B

• Whether you are using an SD card; why yes yes I am

• Whether the device software has been modified or customised; whatever is available in the Samsung store.

• Whether there were recent repairs; none

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is Google Location Accuracy turned on in the system settings? Also, are wi-fi and Bluetooth scanning turned on in the Improve Accuracy menu?

Are you using a VPN?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So for a while now I've had difficulty in getting an accurate read as to my location. Google will say I'm at home when in reality I'm 20 miles away. Is there any way to manually refresh update my location with Google? I've asked Google but haven't been able to find a straight answer. Best case scenario is it tells me to go into the settings option, but without details. Worst case scenario is it gives me 20 unrelated things. Can anyone help?

• Type of device; Galaxy s20 Fe 5G

• Whether a carrier/network device, or SIM-free; AT&T

• Whether bought new or used; NEW

• Whether the device may have incurred damage, such as from impact or water; None

• What version of the OS; 11

• Whether the trouble is on Wifi, mobile data, or both; mobile

• The source from which any troublesome apps or software were downloaded; GOOGLE

• What you’ve already tried to fix the problem; search in Google with no luck

• What message appears if you try to do something, but are unable; not applicable

• What you were doing before the problem occurred; I'm trying to drive from point A to point B

• Whether you are using an SD card; why yes yes I am

• Whether the device software has been modified or customised; whatever is available in the Samsung store.

• Whether there were recent repairs; none
Nice detail list , i like it

You have permission on for google app , maps etc..
How old your sim ? Since you mentioned only on data not wifi .