Where's Battery Optimization?

Drguyks

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
• Type of device; Galaxy s20 Fe 5G

• Whether a carrier/network device, or SIM-free; AT&T

• Whether bought new or used; NEW

• Whether the device may have incurred damage, such as from impact or water; None

• What version of the OS; 12

• Whether the trouble is on Wifi, mobile data, or both; both

• The source from which any troublesome apps or software were downloaded; update pushed through the phone Monday Jan 25th, 2022

• What you’ve already tried to fix the problem; search in Google with no luck

• What message appears if you try to do something, but are unable; not applicable

• What you were doing before the problem occurred; not applicable

• Whether you are using an SD card; why yes yes I am

• Whether the device software has been modified or customised; whatever is available in the Samsung store.

• Whether there were recent repairs; none

I recently got an update as mentioned in the questionnaire. I tried looking this information up online, but it seems that even this info is incorrect. I have reached a dead end and I'm turning to you guys. My push notifications for certain apps aren't coming through. This is usually the result of individual apps being placed into battery optimization mode. I searched my settings and can no longer seem to find it as easily as I used to. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go or what to do? This affects various apps so there isn't one app in particular about the others that this is being affected by. In the past I've just disabled their battery optimization mode and have gone about my Merry way with the app working the way it's supposed to be. With the latest updates however battery optimization mode may be taken away or in a strange place that I'm not familiar with. Would anybody be able to provide any assistance?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy A32 5G is still on Android 11, so this might be different -- but have you looked in Settings>Apps>Special Access?

Also, what if you use the search function in the system settings to look for "optimization"?

Drguyks

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy A32 5G is still on Android 11, so this might be different -- but have you looked in Settings>Apps>Special Access?

Yeah, nothing resembling anything like that appears. I did find special access, but its location was very esoteric. I could not find Battery optimization in that menu.

Also, what if you use the search function in the system settings to look for "optimization"?
That's what I was using before the update to find it & I still can't find it.

Honestly, I'm wondering if they got rid of it for some reason.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Battery optimize is not in the special access menu on Android 12 , look like you have to long press each app then tap info>battery then choose if want optimize Screenshot_20220129-232147_Settings.jpg