Samsung S4 Strange pattern bottom of screen

A

AC Question

Hi. I noticed today that on all screens, I have a strange pattern on the bottom of the screen. It also seems to have altered the lighting somewhat, looking like an Instagram filter or something.

Can't find anything in settings. Any help appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I noticed today that on all screens, I have a strange pattern on the bottom of the screen. It also seems to have altered the lighting somewhat, looking like an Instagram filter or something.

Can't find anything in settings. Any help appreciated.

Welcome to the forums.
Is there anyway you can provide a screenshot? Did this just start? Any apps you loaded recently?

superflyte

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I took a screenshot but can't work out how to upload it. No new apps installed. It looks like a vintage type of filter mainly at the bottom of the screen. It also is in a patch (a bit lighter) in the middle of the screen. Kind of looks like paint brush marks in the filter...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I took a screenshot but can't work out how to upload it. No new apps installed. It looks like a vintage type of filter mainly at the bottom of the screen. It also is in a patch (a bit lighter) in the middle of the screen. Kind of looks like paint brush marks in the filter...

Try the three button menu. That should allow you to attach a photo.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I took a screenshot but can't work out how to upload it.

Are you on the AC website on your computer? If so, upload your screenshot from your phone to Google Drive (or any other cloud drive). Then download the screenshot from that cloud to your computer. When editing a post on the AC website, click on the Attach Image icon (the one that looks like a picture of a tree, right next to the globe icons, in the editing ribbon), and select the screenshot to attach.

If you're using the Android Central app, tap the paper clip icon at the top of the screen when you're creating a post.

superflyte

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Image attached. It must be a hardware thing, as taking a screenshot gave me a nice clear pic on my computer. This pic was taken with a tablet, and shows the screen, with a picture of a wall to demonstrate the extent of the markings. It's actually getting darker and covering more of the screen now...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 9

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My guess is a bad display connection or more likely a display nearing the end of its life. Did you drop the phone or anything like that?

Posted via Android Central App

JuliaKawanova

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
It looks like it has been damaged. Especially if you can't see it in the screenshot, that means that the screen is broken.
I'd say your phone is dying and you need a new one - or change the screen, but I'd guess getting a new one is affordable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non