Set an alarm for a specific date?

A

AC Question

So I've recently upgraded from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 to a Galaxy S5 and am having difficulties with the default alarm clock. I've scoured the Play store and haven't been able to find an app that suits my needs. What I'm looking for is an app that I can set an alarm to a specific date and time. Say I schedule a dentist appointment months in advance and know I will be waking up earlier than normal on a specific day, how would I go about doing this? I understand I can set reminders for specific date and times, but these notifications are simply a single beep which isn't loud enough or long enough to wake me up.

So I suppose my question is 1) is there an app to just set alarms for specific dates or 2) is there a way to make my reminder notifications act like an alarm instead (keeps playing until I turn it off).

Thanks!

USMC S5

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
All you have to do is go to clock... then look at the plus + sign and beside it is 3 vertical dots click that. Once there unclick the automatic mode and you will be able to set date and time of your alarms! Enjoy! Or set it on your calendar and set the reminders up.

Last edited:

Ben-Ben-Ben

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
All you have to do is go to clock... then look at the plus + sign and beside it is 3 vertical dots click that. Once there unclick the automatic mode and you will be able to set date and time of your alarms! Enjoy! Or set it on your calendar and set the reminders up.

Thanks for the reply. When I go to the Clock and click the 3 little dots, the only thing I have available is "Date and time settings". Clicking on this brings up a menu where I can uncheck "Automatic date and time". However, this doesn't allow me to set customer times or dates for alarm. All this appears to do is let me set the system clock to a custom time instead of the default one. Am I missing something?

Ben-Ben-Ben

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Schedule a text message to yourself. And have a long, loud notification. I do this all the time.
I suppose that is an option as well, but I tend to put my phone on vibrate when I sleep so I'm not woken by calls or texts. Weird to me that the default Blackberry application was capable of me setting an alarm months in advance with no issue and it seems that doesn't exist on my Galaxy.

lions_lair

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Well...I understand your frustration. My bb 8330 and my 8530 would let me set, not only individual ring tones, but you could set it to vibrate 1,2,3 times then ring. Or ring first. Or vibrate and ring at the same time. Or put a contact on vibrate. ..OR blink the led ..even a specific led color. Set individual ring volumes. I wish I could find sn app that would do that on mu s3.

Ben-Ben-Ben

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
No worries. So far the only thing I've found (actually seems to work well thus far) is called "Digital Alarm Clock Free". Allows for me to pick a date in the future for my alarm. The only thing I miss is being able to view my schedule on the calendar app from the BB. I'm surprised more of the top alarm clocks don't have this functionality, I personally think it's a must-have feature.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I've recently upgraded from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 to a Galaxy S5 and am having difficulties with the default alarm clock. I've scoured the Play store and haven't been able to find an app that suits my needs. What I'm looking for is an app that I can set an alarm to a specific date and time. Say I schedule a dentist appointment months in advance and know I will be waking up earlier than normal on a specific day, how would I go about doing this? I understand I can set reminders for specific date and times, but these notifications are simply a single beep which isn't loud enough or long enough to wake me up.

So I suppose my question is 1) is there an app to just set alarms for specific dates or 2) is there a way to make my reminder notifications act like an alarm instead (keeps playing until I turn it off).

Thanks!

Use a calendar instead of an alarm for these types of notifications. Or Google Now.

Ben-Ben-Ben

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Use a calendar instead of an alarm for these types of notifications. Or Google Now.

Yes but this isn't an alarm. This is a single notification. What I'm talking is something that rings like an alarm until I turn it off. I've tested the calendar and Google Now and they work fine, but if I'm not next to my phone when it goes off I just have to happen to check my phone to see the notification.

evansmichaelj2

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the app review. I am now using Life Reminders. You can set a persistent reminder (alarm) that is guaranteed to get my attention. The built in android alerts are just too subtle for important events. So frustrating that alarms can only be set within 24 hours.

Life Reminders is working great for me.

pam leach

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I find it absurd that is so difficult to find an app for something as simple as an auditory alarm for an appt in the future! I too find this very annoying! I mean, with the millions of apps out there. ..and so far you found, what. ...1 app? My phone wllwwill check my pulse and tell me how high the sun's UVB rays are!! It will tell me how many steps I take each day, how many calories I burned, and even reminds me to get moving after an hour of sitting!! How frustrating! !

Paula McCabe

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I need this app to wake me up for conference calls so I need an alarm that is persistent but I don't see that on the app? I thought it could call my home phone which would wake me up but, it doesn't do that either.

UPDATE: got it! Need to go to "How/Custom Settings/Insistent Mode".

Last edited:

Rivertender

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Am trying Life Reminders based on this discussion.

Thanks to all for helpful info and NO THANKS to LG (4) for engineering a phone that can't accomplish a basic task like a reminder out in the future. Hoo boy.

jhachtel

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
In Android 6.0.1 I was able to do this by going to my alarms and clicking the Date icon just to the top and left of the time scroll. Worked fine. (I thought it would change my system time when I first saw it, but no, it does not.)

Nashya

Dec 4, 2018
Visit site
Well...I understand your frustration. My bb 8330 and my 8530 would let me set, not only individual ring tones, but you could set it to vibrate 1,2,3 times then ring. Or ring first. Or vibrate and ring at the same time. Or put a contact on vibrate. ..OR blink the led ..even a specific led color. Set individual ring volumes. I wish I could find sn app that would do that on mu s3.

O:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non