how do i move apps onto my memory card on my samsung galaxy s5?

K

kambo666

Could someone help me with this pls as i am rapidly running out of space :(

tdk1988

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
You cannot move apps to sd card in kitkat but you can make storage space available by transferring music/ videos/images to your external sd card and also make sure that new images are stored into external storage instead of internal storage by changing storage location in camera settings

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Mobile Nations mobile app

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You CAN move most of the data on many or most apps to sd storage. As per the guide above, you need to download to the device, then go to App Info in Applications (Manager) for each and touch Move to SD Card, if available.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what os, phone brand. Someone said you can't put apps on sd card if you are running kitkat but I have a note 3 with kitkat (4.2) and have no problems moving apps to sd cards and can do it from the application manager. Download App Manager III and when you download or update an app it will notify you that an app can be moved to sd card. Sometimes it will come up with a warning that you shouldn't move an app and usually it has to do with whether the app has a widget. If you are going to use the app widget that is part of an app than you might not want to move that app to your sd card. I will qualify though and say this may be unique to samsung.
Someone else recommended moving your music & pics to your sd card and that is a very good idea.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
-.- note to self
Google before posting

Sent from my GT-I9300 CM11 M8 4.4.4 using Mobile Nations app

LOL - We've all done it. I don't Google anything.
That was the big scare story about KitKat.

I wonder what populates the SD Card column in Applications Manager. It has apps that can be moved, but don't know if it has all of them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro