E-mails on phone and computer

A

AC Question

I use a laptop and desktop computer and an android phone. If I delete from my phone the e-mail is automatically deleted from the other machines. Is there a setting I can use to prevent this please? Thank you.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No you cannot delete from your device and still see it from a laptop. What you can do is create folders from your computer and then move the e-mails you need deleted in there, then leave whatever you need to see from your android in the inbox folder. I hope that makes sense..

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You could still see the emails from your computer if you go into the appropriate deleted folder. If you wish not to delete, perhaps there's a better method to organize your emails, such as through labels?

That's what I use to keep emails filtered neatly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are we talking about GMail? Microsoft Exchange server? Or, another provider?

If you set up your mail on the phone for IMAP or Exchange access, then your mail will be synched across all platforms; pretty hard to avoid that.

However, if you set up the phone's email client to use POP3 access, then what happens on the phone can remain independent of what happens at your mail server and any other devices (such as your laptop).

For GMail, see https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en

For other providers, search their website for "pop3" mail setup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419