Swipe down or right to search

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an Xperia Z2? Have you considered installing the Google Now Launcher, if available on your phone? That way, when you swipe in from the left, you'll get the Google Now screen, which has the Google Search bar. If you type anything into the Google Search bar, it can search the web and your phone (you can select where on your phone you want to search). Of course, you can do the same thing from the Google Search bar on any homescreen--I'm just suggesting an option that is similar to your old habit of swiping in to get the Searchlight.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting--it's quite fast on my Nexus 5. Searches for contacts or apps on my phone give results instantly. You have the Xperia Z2, correct?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. If your Z2 is faster than a Nexus 5, and my Nexus 5 gives instantaneous results when using Google Search on the web or the phone, then I don't see how it can be way slower than Spotlight. Is tapping the Google Search Bar and then starting to type really that much slower than swiping Searchlight over and starting to type? It'd be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty