Samsung s4 mini problem with WI-Fi and icons after update to Android 4.4.2

A

AC Question

Hallo :)

Device: Samsung s4 mini
Android: 4.4.2

I was looking for the answer on the forum becuase I seems that a lot of people has a problem with wi-fi after update, but unfortunatelly my problem seems to bit different and all the solutions I found (like rebboting router, cleaing cache, switiching off WIFI power safe mode, checking if my coding is in WPA), did not work for me.

Problem:
When I switch on the wi-fi option first time nothing is happening, device switch on the wi-fi but do not connect to any network. When I switch it on and of again it let me choose the wi-fi but do not remeber the password and I'm forced to give password every single time! I dont know how to force my Samsung to remeber the password. I already tried on two home networks (both from the same router: Samsung, model: Horizon HD Recorder) but the problem is exactly the same. It works, but puting wi-fi: 'on' then 'off' then 'on' and then password every time is pretty annoying (and addtionally everthing was working perfect before the update. I avoided this update for over a month but got annoyed with constant reminder!).
Problem2:
Additionally the icons from the apilications which are saved on the SD card are gray with the android sign and little SD icon instead of regular icon... it's possible to use them it's just look bad and its harder to find one you look for, but since this two problems I noticed after update, maybe I can solve both of them at once.

I would be helpful for some tips. Im also ok to come back to the previous version on Android, I do not care about it as long as everything works as it should.

Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I can help with the wifi issue. Try going to Settings>Wi-Fi, long-press the home network, then select Modify Network, and tap the Show Advanced Options checkbox. Now make sure Proxy is set to None, and the IP Settings are on DHCP.

As for the icons, what happens if you remove the shortcuts from the homescreen, then go to the App Drawer and place them again?