Android forwards images to 3 particular contacts by itself!

A

AC Question

Hi,

Something very disturbing happened twice on my Android.

Following the death of my fiance, images that were meaningful to me and him (photos of our child, a house we were looking at, etc) were sent from my phone simultaneously to his (the decedent's phone), his mother, and my mother.

This makes no sense to me. How could this possibly be happening? I don't want to jump to any conclusions of it being "paranormal" so I'm wanting to rule out any other possible causes first.

The police did take his cell phone and laptop. Could this be some kind of police interference in my own phone? My phone is jailbroke too by the way, in case that is of importance.
Keep in mind: these were photos that I had sent out before (or received from him or my mother) that were forwarded back out from my phone to those 3 specific phone numbers simultaneously.

What could possibly have caused this?!

Thank you in advance for any replies!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Something very disturbing happened twice on my Android.

Following the death of my fiance, images that were meaningful to me and him (photos of our child, a house we were looking at, etc) were sent from my phone simultaneously to his (the decedent's phone), his mother, and my mother.

This makes no sense to me. How could this possibly be happening? I don't want to jump to any conclusions of it being "paranormal" so I'm wanting to rule out any other possible causes first.

The police did take his cell phone and laptop. Could this be some kind of police interference in my own phone? My phone is jailbroke too by the way, in case that is of importance.
Keep in mind: these were photos that I had sent out before (or received from him or my mother) that were forwarded back out from my phone to those 3 specific phone numbers simultaneously.

What could possibly have caused this?!

Thank you in advance for any replies!
Sorry to hear about your recent loss. Regarding the images, are the photos on your device or his (with the police)? If yours, then factory reset your device to make sure you don't have anything malicious installed that would be sending out.

If the photos are coming from his phone, then if possible, log into the Google account and change the password (if you can). Hopefully that will log the device out and require a new sign-in the next time it's turned on.

ShelbyLove25

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, srkmagnus. The images are a combination and either originate from my phone, his, or my mother's. For example, my mother sent me images she took on her phone and I later forwarded them to his phone (while he was still alive). Then, during these strange forwards, they were re-forwarded out again in groups (to him again, my mother, and his mother). Different images were sent to each of the recipients. One of the images he had sent me originally, was re-forwarded to him from my own phone, along with images I had forwarded that my mother had sent me. I hope this is making sense. I know it sounds kind of confusing.

Basically, the images had been sent previously through text messaging and then appear that my phone has forwarded them back out. Different images sent to the 3 recipients, but all showing the same sent time.

It happened twice, but hasn't happened since.

If I factory reset my device will that delete everything that is stored on my phone? (I'd assume it will) so I will need some sort of backup for photos, videos, etc correct? (Sorry I am not very knowledgeable on this sort of thing).

He used a pre-paid phone and it was just a basic flip phone, nothing fancy. That is what the police have.

Any thoughts/idea why this could be happening? Do you think it's related to the police or am I over-thinking that? I just don't understand why or how something like this could happen.

Thanks in advance for any help/input you can give me!