4g for streaming Wifi for network access simultaneously

willj1220

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I would like to put a raspberry pi computer in my car for djing around a campfire. Bluetooth is not an option because I won't nessarily will be line of sight. Wifi I believe is the best route to go. So I would install the raspberry pi computer running openelec and an old wifi router (wrt54gl) for dhcp server and the wireless into my car. I would connect my phone to the network to stream music from mine phone (music locally and from services). However, I would not be able to stream because my phone would shutoff the 4g service even though the wireless network would have no internet access. Any ideas on how I could make this work? Thank you.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would like to put a raspberry pi computer in my car for djing around a campfire. Bluetooth is not an option because I won't nessarily will be line of sight. Wifi I believe is the best route to go. So I would install the raspberry pi computer running openelec and an old wifi router (wrt54gl) for dhcp server and the wireless into my car. I would connect my phone to the network to stream music from mine phone (music locally and from services). However, I would not be able to stream because my phone would shutoff the 4g service even though the wireless network would have no internet access. Any ideas on how I could make this work? Thank you.
No sure if there's anything that can get that to work in that scenario. I'll keep an eye open for solutions - if you find anything, please post back for others to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair