Both glass and LCD shattered

A

AC Question

How can i tell with out replacing the lcd and glass that my phone still works. glass shattered into very small shreads and the lcd will not come on. busted due to fighting.I want to fix it but need to know if the phone computer board is okay. took phone apart nothing busted on the inside just the outside.i have found parts to fix with but do not want to money in when there no hope of it working. Do i need to put everything back togther and see if it power up or computer will find it. Thanks Andrew

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: both glass and lcd shattered

Hello. Sorry to hear that.
If you had no secure screen lock, eg pin/password/pattern just swipe, you can normally read your device storage via usb on a pc. Photos will be on a DCIM folder for example.
You may need drivers installed from the manufacturer.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Andrew Goforth

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
even with my phone apart you said it should still connect via usb. i have it apart to look at what bad and only found glass and lcd busted. well it still connect with usb and it being apart. Also
were can i get just the lcd for it since i am on a limited budget. found the other pieces just need to find the lcd only. Thanks Andrew

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
even with my phone apart you said it should still connect via usb. i have it apart to look at what bad and only found glass and lcd busted. well it still connect with usb and it being apart. Also
were can i get just the lcd for it since i am on a limited budget. found the other pieces just need to find the lcd only. Thanks Andrew

Hi. Welcome to Android Central!

I hadn't thought your phone was still in pieces. Can you put it back minus the glass do you think? Then try usb?

Have a look at this thread as an example of the work and costs involved for someone without repair experience, or a big budget, to replace a screen.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...lack-screen-not-working-sound-working-ok.html
Doesn't seem too hard or expensive, but best to get a quote from a reputable local repair store as well - it may be a safer bet.

You would first prefer to recover data and check if the motherboard and hardware are intact, and it seems they are, so if you can put it back great; but it may not be as easy as it appears on some You Tube videos.

I don't know what device you have, but you will more than likely find a thread involving a similar situation in the forums for your phone.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You should be in good shape then. I am not familiar with repairing screens, or indeed the Droid ultra 1080 from my side of the Atlantic.

I hope this is the correct forum for it.:
Motorola Droid Ultra - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

A search on eBay for parts should get you what you want.
I wanted to point you to the usb option.

If you start a thread for repair advice on the Droid Ultra 1080, it can be amazing what comes out of the woodwork, and many can offer their own experiences.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I hope you find the LCD-only, it's usually LCD-plus-glass.
Busted due to fighting, eh? Heh heh. It's a pity someone didn't try to stab you....the phone would have stopped the blade, you would have been able to write to the Motorola company pointing out that their device saved your life, and for a bit of publicity they would have sent you a replacement.☺

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited: