Wackey keyboard behaviour

zarlydoug

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello. My name ia Doug, and I beleive this ia my first post in these forums although I have been a frequent reader here. I have a rootwd Xperia Z2. I installed the xposed framework and checked out a few tweaks, but i had some difficulty with some little quirks So I've decided to not use it amymore. One of the problems i seem to be having is when I enter the 'letter b' followed by the 'letter e', something strange is happening. For example:

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

Does anyone here know why this could be happening?

Thanks in advance. If anyone needs me I'll be right over here.

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
I'm not sure I understood your question. Does the letter "E" enter itself automatically after you press the "B" key? I'm not seeing anything wrong with what you typed though :confused:

zarlydoug

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok this is weird, when I typed that on my phone, the letter b, follwed directly with the letter e, as in the word "be", I get instead a little letter "a" only it's sort of up higher than the rest of the letters. It is everywhere, when I type, in menu's where the word "be" shouild be, and I've done a factory reset already. Weird.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok this is weird, when I typed that on my phone, the letter b, follwed directly with the letter e, as in the word "be", I get instead a little letter "a" only it's sort of up higher than the rest of the letters. It is everywhere, when I type, in menu's where the word "be" shouild be, and I've done a factory reset already. Weird.

So it's showing on your screen as a letter "A?" That's weird because it's posting as a letter "E." Can you post a screenshot so we can see what it looks like?

zarlydoug

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I installed iFont on my phone after I rooted it. After I returned to my default system font, the issue has disappeard. I guess it was an incompatible font. Very strange that it would install ok but then change one set of letters like "be" into a funky little 'a'. I'm going to stick to the default font I think.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I installed iFont on my phone after I rooted it. After I returned to my default system font, the issue has disappeard. I guess it was an incompatible font. Very strange that it would install ok but then change one set of letters like "be" into a funky little 'a'. I'm going to stick to the default font I think.

That is a little weird, but I'm glad you worked it out :)
See you around the forums

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for sharing the solution and the additional data.