Does sudden death syndrome still exist?

A

AC Question

I was driving home a little over an hour ago and had my galaxy S3 plugged into my USB port of my car stereo. I have had this phone for over two years now and nothing like this has happened. At a random point while driving, my phone just shut off. The battery was low, about 5% or so, but it never really came back on. The only signs of life I get is when I removed the battery and put it back in. I get to the Samsung logo and then from there the screen goes entirely black and the phone is unresponsive. Even with the phone off, I have plugged it in to a wall charger with no charging sign at all. I have also plugged it in to a computer to see if I get a USB connection with my laptop. My laptop never even recognizes that anything external is plugged in. Nor does my phone recognize that it could be charging. I have switched batteries (possibly too low of battery) and that is still not producing any results. The farthest I can get to a download or factory reset screen is the triangle with an exclamation asking if I want to go to download mode or not. From there it shuts off and doesn't go into download mode. My phone will not stay on for more than 6 seconds no matter what I do. I am open to suggestions or solutions on what it could be or what I could try. Thanks in advance.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Excuse me if this seems obvious, but was the other battery you tried new, or at least one known to be in good condition, and with plenty of charge in it?

Posted via Android Central App

Mike Davis11

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes the other battery was fully charged in my wife's phone. The battery I tried from her's still is working in her phone right now, but it mine, it doesn't get past the Samsung logo of the start up screen.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I see. It's one of those frustrating problems where you can see a possible cure....doing something in Recovery....but can't actually apply the cure because you can't stay in Recovery long enough. I wonder whether it's a fault in the power button or associated circuitry, to which I believe Sammies are prone. If not, there is a just barely possible fix mentioned here, about static electricity....probably a very long shot, but worth a try:

http://www.technobezz.com/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-s3-not-booting-up/

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress