I've had problems with the media process bug chewing up battery life on my S2 , evidently there is a pretty common problem. I read that reformating the SD card might fix the issue since the media process can get hung up on a corrupted file. That fix didn't work, so another fix I saw was to clear the cache on the media process. I did that, and ever since then I'm getting random phone rings. I thought maybe it actually was notifications causing the ringing and somehow the wrong tone ( ring tone ) was being used instead of the default notification sound. So I blocked notifications but the random rings still continue.

I'll pulled the battery to reset, rebooted into recovery mode & wiped cache partition, but I still get the same random rings. Since this means I never know if it's a real call or a random ring, the phone is a real pain to deal with.

Are there any other fixes I should try?
    09-14-2014 11:14 AM
    Have you performed a factory reset? Give that a try and see if it works. You'll need to backup your data, sync with accounts, etc. beforehand to not lose any important information.

Let us know how it goes.
    09-14-2014 11:18 AM