Note 3 S-View Cover

A

AC Question

Just bought the S-View cover for my Note 3. I like it but I have two questions:

- When the cover closes, there is about a five second delay before the device locks. If I open the cover after that five seconds, I have to use my pattern to unlock the device. Is there any way to set the cover to automatically lock the device when the cover closes? The only settings I see under the "Lock Screen" section are to automatically unlock the device when the cover is opened (as long as secure lock is disabled), changing the S-View window color, and changing the info shown through the cover when closed.

- When taking a pic through the S-View window, the resolution is 3096*3096 and are rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise. Pics taken natively are 4128*2322 with no rotation. Is this how the S-View is designed? Can this be changed so that pics taken with the S-View cover closed have the native screen resolution? ....and in case anyone was going to respond with, "the S-View window is a square so it can only take what it sees." or some variation of that, I understand the design of the S-View window. I am just curious if the resolution (aspect ratio) can be changed.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just bought the S-View cover for my Note 3. I like it but I have two questions:

- When the cover closes, there is about a five second delay before the device locks. If I open the cover after that five seconds, I have to use my pattern to unlock the device. Is there any way to set the cover to automatically lock the device when the cover closes? The only settings I see under the "Lock Screen" section are to automatically unlock the device when the cover is opened (as long as secure lock is disabled), changing the S-View window color, and changing the info shown through the cover when closed.

- When taking a pic through the S-View window, the resolution is 3096*3096 and are rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise. Pics taken natively are 4128*2322 with no rotation. Is this how the S-View is designed? Can this be changed so that pics taken with the S-View cover closed have the native screen resolution? ....and in case anyone was going to respond with, "the S-View window is a square so it can only take what it sees." or some variation of that, I understand the design of the S-View window. I am just curious if the resolution (aspect ratio) can be changed.
I don't think there is a way to change the time in which the device locks after the S-View cover is closed. That may be Samsung's solution to prevent accidental closes from locking the device immediately.

Regarding the image resolution, have you taken a look through the camera settings? I don't have the device so I'm kind of guessing here. But there might be something related to the image resolution when the S-View cover is used to take pictures.

Let us know if you have further questions.