How do I fix the Google Play Store error [DF-SA-01]?

A

AC Question

Error:

Error retrieving information from server [DF-SA-01]

This pops up every time I click on an app in the Google Play Store. How do I fix this issue?

ludakic300

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I have android 4.0.4 on GT-A7100(read ''lame mobile device'') and this message shows up if i don't have SD card in my device because google play is using sd card to store some app information(!?). Maybe this information will help somebody.

izory prasov

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
i have same problem after i factory reset on my cyrus tvpad, model lily h1400, android version 4.0.4, kernel version 3.0.8+
this is fix my problem :
1. goto system settings --> apps --> all --> google play store
2. press force stop and clear data
3. exit system settings
4. goto google play store --> settings --> auto-update apps --> choose auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only
5. exit play store and power off
6. turn on and try again play store
7. already solve the problem
8. have a nice try and good luck !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Besides trying to Clear Cache/Clear Data from Google Play Store in the Settings>Apps>All​ menu, I have also read of other people having success if they also tap Menu from that screen and Reset All App Preferences.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Folks, we know that people are having this issue. There's no need to post duplicate posts stating the same problem. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i didnt find any menu in apps -.-

Welcome to Android Central! Which post are you referring to? If you're referring to mine, what I meant was to go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager.

In addition, when you are in the Settings>Apps screen, tap the menu button (the 3-vertical-dot button at the upper right), and tap Reset All App Preferences.

Another possible fix is to go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Uninstall Updates. If that works, then see what happens when the Play Store automatically updates itself again. If the problem recurs, then there's some problem with the current Play Store version, and it's worth reporting the problem directly to Google.

Last edited:

Pryx

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
i have same problem after i factory reset on my cyrus tvpad, model lily h1400, android version 4.0.4, kernel version 3.0.8+
this is fix my problem :
1. goto system settings --> apps --> all --> google play store
2. press force stop and clear data
3. exit system settings
4. goto google play store --> settings --> auto-update apps --> choose auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only
5. exit play store and power off
6. turn on and try again play store
7. already solve the problem
8. have a nice try and good luck !

I had the same problem and fixed it with step 1 to 4 explained here :) good luck and thanks for your help!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Folks, we know that people are having he DF-SA-01 issue with the Play Store. If you have problems, please read through the thread first and try the solutions suggested. If you add to the thread, at least let us know if you tried those solutions without success--try not to add another post that says, "My Play Store doesn't work." Thanks!:)

Moha Jazz

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
hi

My name is Moha
I want you to help me this error every time I try to dowload some thing it will say like this
so how can i fix this issue it annoys me please help me

Best Regards
Mohamed Abdi Moriidi