Why is my Galaxy Alpha losing signal?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Alpha losing signal

I upgraded to the Galaxy Alpha last week and everything seemed fine till yesterday. It is now constantly losing mobile data, it shows as having 4g until I actually try to load something. It then doesn't show any mobile data connection. I have tried turning flight mode on/off but all this does is lose my signal completely. The only way to get my signal back is to restart my phone,but then after half an hour or so the problem starts again.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to solve it other than taking it back for a replacement?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Alpha losing signal

You don't solve issues with a one week old phone, you just bring it back for replacement with a new phone. You've already spent more time just posting the question than you should have to with a new phone. (They're factory tested, but some parts just burn out very soon after manufacture. We aren't perfect yet.) Let Samsung worry about it. (They'll probably just check the antenna connection, and if that's not bad [it just takes bending it about 1/16" to fix] they'll throw it on the pile of phones to be reclaimed. (Re-use the frame, the buttons, etc.) But all you should have too do is walk into the store, present your problem and receipt (if the carrier doesn't just look it up - it depends on who you're with), wait until they get a new phone and put your SIM into it (or change your account to use the new phone's SIM) and thank them. What happens to the old phone after that is their problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress