Why is my Samsung Galaxy S3 not charging?

A

AC Question

Why is my Samsung Galaxy s3 not charging

It has in recent days and weeks been charging at a relativley slow rate which is bareable, but at the moment It will not charge at all. I have tried multiple chargers all of which have been just as useless. I'm not sure if it is the battery or the port or something else and I have cleaned out the port with a needle and no success either, does anyone have any ideas and open to all? Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is my Samsung Galaxy s3 not charging

Welcome to the forums. The battery would be the next thing I would check. Do you have one you can borrow?

c0muz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

You should download "Galaxy Charging Current Lite" from the Play Store, with this app you can check how is your phone charging, usually ti will be 1000 mA, or 900 mA, if it is not, you should check your charger. Sometimes the chargers are not enough to charge your cellphone.
Sorry for the bad English, I can't speak it very well.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I second Galaxy Charging Current Lite, but a slow change like that usually indicates a battery nearing the end of its life. The good news is that a good replacement battery is only $14. Amazon.com: [NFC/Google Wallet Capable] Anker® 2200mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3, I9300, I9305 LTE, I535(Verizon), I747(AT&T), T999(T-Mobile), L710(Sprint), fits EB-L1G6LLU [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

If you recharge at about the 40%-60% point, the battery will last longest. If you need more use than that before charging, having 2 batteries makes it easy - swap when the one in the phone gets down below 50%. Two batteries and a charger (that can charge both the battery in the phone and the spare at the same time) is $26 Amazon.com: [NFC/Google Wallet Capable] Anker® 2 x 2200mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S3, I9300, I9305 LTE, I535(Verizon), T999(T-Mobile), I747(AT&T), L710(Sprint), fits EB-L1G6LLU with Anker® Charger, and 18-Month Warranty: Cell Phones &