Why won't Odin detect my phone?

A

AC Question

Odin won't detect my phone

My Samsung Galaxy Ace bricked so I am trying to unbrick it but odin won't recognize my device. I have samsung drivers however the computer is not recognising my phone. I have tried with two different cables on two different computers and it still won't get recognised by the computer or odin. Also it is on download mode and it says do not turn off target, what will be the consequences if I turn my phone off?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Odin won't detect my phone

You can turn it off while in download mode, but only if you aren't flashing anything when you restart it.

Try reinstalling the drivers for the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Odin won't detect my phone

When the phone is in download mode, Odin is running, and the phone is plugged into the computer, does Odin 3.09 (earlier versions have different wording) show a little blue box with COM and a number? If so, you can flash the stock ROM back to the phone. If not, try uninstalling the driver, rebooting the computer, then downloading the driver again (you may have gotten a bad download) and installing it again.

If that still doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem and the phone has to go to the shop.

SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones