Why am I getting an error messages when I try to update app in Google Play?

g_mittal

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Problem with Samsung Galaxy S3 Play Services (Not Play Store)

I have Samsung Galaxy S3 working on Android 4.3

Suddenly problem has erupted with Google Play Services.

Most of the apps are asking for Google Play Services, like Maps, Gmail, Google Plus etc

and on updating it says that "The user id shared with other apps is incompatible with Google Play Services"

It is not clear which Apps are not compatible. I do not use any special Apps, but commonly used Apps like Facebook, WhatsApp etc.,

Any help is most appreciated.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Problem with Samsung Galaxy S3 Play Services (Not Play Store)

On your phone, go to settings, and then to accounts. Tap on whatever is your main backup account - the one you used to log into all your Google stuff (Play Store, Gmail, etcs) and tap "remove account". Chances are you'll get a warning about needing a backup account - you do, but just ignore it for now. Also, don't worry - you won't loose any information or data by doing this. Once you've removed it reboot your phone. Once it's booted up, go back to your settings/accounts and then tap add account. Add your Google account back and reboot again. This should solve your issue - I had something similar happen on my S4 and this resolved it quite nicely. It appears somehow the sync between Google services encounters an error and this is how I solved it for myself

There may be better/faster/easier ways but it worked for me. Good luck