Why isn't my S4 turning on?

Odderf

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I cant turn on my S4 phone

When I try to turn on the phone, I get only a flash of a jumbled screen that looks like a piece of scribbled modern art. This is the first time it has happened - possibly related to the battery having been fully discharged, then recharged?

Odderf

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: I cant turn on my S4 phone

Impossible to know for sure when it cant be turned on and the opening screen cant be read - but the battery has always charged up to now without problems and I dont think a flat battery would produce this effect

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Impossible to know for sure when it cant be turned on and the opening screen cant be read - but the battery has always charged up to now without problems and I dont think a flat battery would produce this effect

Yes, a flat battery can darn sure cause that problem.... I have had the same results in years past when allowing a battery to reach ZERO percent.... it is a technical reason, the flat battery prevents enough power to reach the CPU to get it going, therefore, it can't power up the phone.

I've had this happen with several models and makes of phones. it is an "uh oh" that we should never allow to happen.

Use a different phone's battery, or get a desk charger.
Insert a fully charged battery and the phone will power up.

Odderf

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Nope - it seems that there are cracks in the glass which are visible only when viewed from the right angle (and I wasnt). The local advice (holidaying in Italy) is that the glass isnt worth replacing because a replacement is about same price)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress