What am I doing wrong with ODIN on SM-G900A?

A

AC Question

What am I doing wrong with ODIN on SM-G900A

Two nights ago my S5 got stuck on Samsung logo and has not done anything else since. I CAN NOT get it into Recovery Mode or Safe Mode.....only Download mode. After researching I decided to flash the stock firmware for SM-G900A. Downloaded the firmware from RapidGator. And downloaded Odin 3 v3.09. Also downloaded Keis3. First time I tried to run Odin, it told me PIT file was not found (or something like that). I'm not sure why I have to have the PIT file but I found it in a thread on another forum and added it to the PIT section in Odin.

This is the message screen on Odin

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900AUCU1ANCE_G900AATT1ANCE_G900AUCU1ANCE_HOME.tar .md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

My phone says

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900A
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK(KK): OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
AP SWREV; S1, T1, R1, A2, P1
UDC START
MMC: mmc_read fail
SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT
ODIN : flash read failure

Is there something that I am doing wrong? A step I'm missing? Or is my phone done for?

Any help would be really appreciated

dovedescent7

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
You need to install drivers for your phone, and download Odin to Windows desktop and run as administrator.

Make sure you download and install the actual driver for your phone. If all this doesnt work try different cord then different computer.

When you see you device show up in Odin, then flash whatever firmware you wanna flash.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What am I doing wrong with ODIN on SM-G900A

Sounds like a bad PIT file. Try downloading the file from SamMobile Firmwares (you'll have to create a free account to download).

The other possibility is a bad NAND, so the phone's storage couldn't be partitioned properly. That would mean a replacement phone, since it's still under warranty. Or you could just ask AT&T to replace it without trying to reflash a ROM. (The DSCs should have enough phones by now to do replacements on the spot.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non