How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

bill94

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

there is a setting to stop auto-updates. Go to the play store on your device - open menu ( 3 horizontal top left ) - scroll down to settings - click on Auto-updates apps - select Do not auto-update apps . This will stop auto updates of all your apps, however when you are notified that updates are availble, you can select an update apps indivuidally and just avoid updating the google app until a fix is issued.
Additional information - my wifes samsung galaxy s4 running android 4.4.2 had this problem but my samsung galaxy s4 running android version 5 did not have this problem

CharleneSG

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

I had tried so many things from other sites and then found this forum. You sooooo saved me from having to do a factory reset; thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If uninstalled wouldn't that affect apps that on the list or data from the phone?

Welcome to Android Central! No, you're not completely uninstalling the Google app -- you're only uninstalling its updates, reverting it back to the version that came installed on the phone.

Al Warrieth Maulana

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

azreal maniego

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
apparently, the recent update is to blame. Just go to settings and uninstall the updates of the google app. (not chrome ok)
then go to playstore and leave a review stating that the recent update is broken so that google can respond quickly because the update has already affected a lot of people in my neighborhood.

Agreed. Life saver. Too bad google cant post an apology or test there software reasonably.

apology replies are less likely to be done but testings are surely gonna be carried out. google just needs a little push and feedback from us. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

bill94

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

I talked to Google support about this issue of error message with home key use after Google app update. I told them all the posts about this issue appeared to be from owners of Samsung devices (of those who identified the problem device). Google refered me to Samsung support because Samsung has their own version of Andriod. I have not yet contacted Samsung. If people are experencing this problem on non Samsung devices please post about your device.

Disociatipico

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

Aprildc

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

I also have S3 issue. Read other threads below to fix. Uninstall Google Inc. and then Update or not. I did Unistall and then Update it seems to have fixed the issue.

aliciajones

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

I had the same error, and read up about how a lot of other people received this too. Just go to google play and uninstall updates for the google app. It worked for me :)

dkis

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

Also fixed for my Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo.

Google should not see the error reports, because there was no option to send a bug report to app developer.

Corina Mitrulescu

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

immacReno

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.android.googlequicksearchbox&token=jr940bdG ), this update broke my home button.

So uninstall the app and you should be fine for now.

I had this error on my galaxy Note 2 for a week, i uninstalled some apps, rebooted several times, took out battery and even SD card but nothing solved the problem. I didn't do a factory reset because several people on different android forums said this didn't solve the error either until I read this. I unistalled the Google updates and voila. Thanks a bunch ❤

XeNell

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site

A fervent thanks to those who have provided the fixes/steps to help us!! This has worked for my Samsung Galaxy S3 - SGH1747. I have cleared auto-updating for now. For ease of solution to those just finding this thread, I am copying information below.

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.android.googlequicksearchbox&token=Y6lbwXj9 ), this update broke my home button.

So uninstall the app and you should be fine for now.

there is a setting to stop auto-updates. Go to the play store on your device - open menu ( 3 horizontal top left ) - scroll down to settings - click on Auto-updates apps - select Do not auto-update apps . This will stop auto updates of all your apps, however when you are notified that updates are availble, you can select an update apps indivuidally and just avoid updating the google app until a fix is issued.
Additional information - my wifes samsung galaxy s4 running android 4.4.2 had this problem but my samsung galaxy s4 running android version 5 did not have this problem

Last edited by a moderator:

tominfl55

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

I desperately need to do this but cant figure out how - new to Samsung android S3 mini.
Pls write the steps for me to follow.
Thanks!