How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

Welcome to Android Central! Did you all have a recent system update? Try using Kies to reinstall the firmware, in case something went wrong with the update.

Similar threads merged.

Madskul

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

My girlfriend and I both have Galaxy S4. She started having this issue as well with home button giving that error and sending her to lock screen. She did everything websites suggested from factory resets (3 times), clearing cache, etc. and still has problem. I was having issue with my phone too specifically with the Gallery and Camera not working properly. My fix to that was reformatting my sd card. So now my Gallery and Camera work fine but damn it now all of a sudden I have this same issue too with this com.android.systemui pop up, exact same issue as my girlfriend. So of course now I have to figure this out because it's now my problem too. This just started happening today to both of us. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this yet? I would hate to do what she did only to still have the issue.

zorch3333

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.android.googlequicksearchbox&token=SNpD2dra ), this update broke my home button.

So uninstall the app and you should be fine for now.
Just want to say this also fixed it for me. I have an S3 with 4.4.2. Hopefully other S3s effected by this update will find this thread, because it took me a night of searching.

Grant Whelly

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

When I uninstalled the updates it just updated again later. You have to disable the app, once doing so then your phone will once again be yours! Thank you to whoever sorted this out! (if only 25 mins earlier so the lady love hadn't selected Maleficient to watch while I sorted out my issues... ugh)

talaga22

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the help guys! I had the exact same problem with my Galaxy S4. Uninstalling the Google quick search (not just the update) worked for me too! Thanks again!

mel_sheard

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

Hello, reedntly had this problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. It seems that Google's latest update was causing the difficulty. Go into play store > google > uninstall and it should remove it's latest update. I found that this sorted the problem and the message no longer appeared. It must be a fault with Google's software. Hopefully this works for you too.

XannftwX

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.android.googlequicksearchbox&token=zq9Ieuqi ), this update broke my home button.

Thank you so much!! This issue started 1 hour ago and i was getting very worried! I can't stress it enough, you were sent from the gods. Thanks!!

03amberleahunt91

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

January 21/ 2017
Uninstalling your latest google update will work.. it has messed up most samsung task screen buttons. I have this issue (which is why im here) read the comments.. i deleted the google update and bam. Works like new again haha.
Good luck all!

topbuzz-al

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

Just like to say thanks as I had the same "com.android.systemui has stopped" error message on my Samsung Galaxy S4. However i could not find 'google quick search' in my list of Apps but instead forced stopped and uninstalled updates and disabled 'Google' or rather 'Google Search' from my Apps list and so far the Home button now works as normal. Google Play has not tried to reinstall it again as I presume this App was installed as part of the ROM pack. 'Google Search' does now come up in the 'disabled' category in the Application Manager.

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

As a huge dumbass, i actually soft reset my phone twice to see if it'll fix the problem, a few hours later i realized it was this google update that ruined my home button.

Curse you, Google!

XSp31z

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

I have an S3 neo, and i got the same problem after Google's last update, unninstalling the updates resolved it.

tominfl55

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

Gameking wrote:

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../store/apps/d...quicksearchbox&token=dPUh_Sih ), this update broke my home button.

I'm new to Android. What are the steps to do the above fix?
Thanks!!!

rehan ji

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

I just uninstalled the Google App updates and its working fine now and not showing same error.

but if I am updating it again its showing again same error.

please fix permanently

krystie88

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez