Where can I get a new Android phone for under £125?

A

AC Question

I'm after an new Android phone under £125.

Hi guys and gals! I am after a new phone under £125 running Android with tip-top specs and internals. I would like a excellent build quality and good amount of power internal wise for games... BTW I <3 the Oneplus One but that's out of my price range.

Thanks!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: I'm after an new Android phone under £125.

I'm afraid I know of no such phone. If I did, I'd have bought!
However, I am thinking of store prices....you might be able to find something online, especially an older model.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I'm after an new Android phone under £125.

Nice, except for a few things.

HD on a 64bit device? Kind of chintzy.

Only 64GB SD card?

The back camera is less than awe-inspiring.

Small battery for an Atom CPU.

Only Bluetooth 4.0?

The $199 price is probably the 2GB RAM/16GB storage model, which doesn't put it in the top spec category, it's barely clinging to the bottom of the mid spec category for 2014 phones. The full-bore model? Maybe as much as $500. We'll see next month.

Oh, and you have to deal with ASUS if you need tech support (they should pay you for that. The 9 year old girl next door, who has an iPhone, knows more about Android phones than ASUS "tech support" people do. [Nothing is more than a knowledge sink.])

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, to put things into some perspective for non-UK members, and to take a well-known phone as an example, and using the prices of three high street retailers, Carphone Warehouse, Argos, and Three: an unlocked Moto G 2014, 8GB version, costs about £125-150.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress