How do I get my photos to store just on the SD card?

A

AC Question

Photo Storage

1. I moved photos from the device to the SD card on a Galaxy S5. I don't see them in the files DCIM folder for the device storage. However, when I open gallery it says that the pictures are stored in both the phone and SD. I just want them on the card. How do I remove them from the device when I can't see them in the files? What do I do?
2. Additionally, I'm trying to make the SD my photo default storage. Problem is when I go to the camera app settings, I can't find a storage option. What do I do?

Thanks a lot!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Photo Storage

1. I moved photos from the device to the SD card on a Galaxy S5. I don't see them in the files DCIM folder for the device storage. However, when I open gallery it says that the pictures are stored in both the phone and SD. I just want them on the card. How do I remove them from the device when I can't see them in the files? What do I do?
Run ES File Explorer. Go to / (at the top), then search for one of the file names. That will tell you where the files are on the card and on the phone. Go to the folder they're in on the phone and delete them.

2. Additionally, I'm trying to make the SD my photo default storage. Problem is when I go to the camera app settings, I can't find a storage option. What do I do?
Use a camera app that allows you to set the card as its storage location. (Open Camera is probably the best free camera app. The storage location is called the Save Location.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress